Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
Technology Infrastructure (TI), part of the Global Technology & Operations organization, consists of more than 6,600 employees worldwide. With a presence in more than 35 countries, TI designs, builds and operates end-to-end technology infrastructure solutions and manages critical systems and platforms across the bank. TI delivers industry-leading infrastructure products and services to the company’s employees, customers and clients around the world
The Technology Project Manager(TPM) will be responsible for the day-to-day project management activities of all the Technology delivered projects for GBS & Enterprise level strategic Projects. TPM role will drive end to end project management aspects for GBS in coordination with the enterprise project team adhering to the global program standards.
Expertise in leading the Technology Infrastructure project is mandatory. Candidate should have Good Project Management skills with sound understanding of PM processes i.e. DMAIC, Scope / Cost / Time / Procurement Management, Forecasting, Change Management etc. PMP Certification preferred. Good Technical and Functional knowledge of the Banking Infrastructure and its various upstream and downstream Applications. Hands-on knowledge related to various Tools and Techniques such as MS Project, Nexus, CAPPM, Demand Central, Ariba, Remedy, Project Control Model (PCM) etc. Should have good people management, Stakeholder management and interpersonal skills, which is key for effective management of Project team. Must have excellent communication and coordination skills for Onshore and Offshore stakeholder management.
- Responsible for providing leadership for projects and projects teams and managing activities associated with high-visibility programs and projects that are long term, enterprise wide, unique and significant in risk, scope and complexity and have substantial impact to sites in India
- Responsible for overseeing (directly and through subordinates) all activities associated with projects that are the most highly complex and strategic in nature, unique with enterprise-wide scope, high risk and carry a substantial impact to the organization
- Drives the integration and implementation of programs and initiatives by leveraging relationships with functional business partners;
- Responsible for overseeing program/project control and related risks; managing program or projects financials; developing and/or authorizing policies/procedures/controls within scope of program or project to optimize results while ensuring compliance with government regulations and enterprise policies.
- In area of Project Management, interacts with senior leadership and major stakeholders to establish strategic plans and objectives for programs /projects
- Performs project management responsibilities relating to Information Technology implementations, upgrades, conversion and recovery
- Role has direct execution responsibility
- Manages multiple projects or a single major project
- Partners with Program and Project Managers and SMEs to create business requirements for technology solutions
- Assists with technology estimates, manage low to moderate complexity technology solutions for projects to a full-scale deployment in a live environment
- Manages to timelines and communicate project status and has matrix management responsibility
- Builds positive give and take relationships with stakeholders
- Uses the right questions and tools to uncover root causes to business challenges, identify opportunities, and make recommendations
- Ability to coordinate and execute multiple tasks within a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.Self-starter, self-motivated
- Formal full end-to-end project management experience with a proven track record of successful project delivery is essential. A background in software project development is desirable
- Strong project management skills, a proven ability to deliver high-quality technical software development projects on time and within budget
- Possess commercial acumen in a services business environment, proven ability to manage resources, finances and deliverables on a variety of initiatives simultaneously, with changing priorities
- Demonstrated leadership experience, ability to motivate team and drive execution, performance driven with the necessary intensity and optimism to succeed and deliver
- A disciplined thinker and capable of working across organizational boundaries in a very demanding, high-output environment
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- A team player who must be able to work under pressure, juggle multiple projects, using own initiative to meet deadlines and set priorities without close supervision
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills are essential (must be able to facilitate, co-ordinate, negotiate, influence and motivate)
- An excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (most especially PROJECT, EXCEL and OUTLOOK skills are essential). Knowledge of PowerPoint and SharePoint would be beneficial
- Experience of working in a large financial organization
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification
- Experience of delivering projects using Agile methodologies
- Understanding of Bank of America’s Enterprise Change Management System (ECMS) and Six Sigma Methodologies
- Market Skills and Certifications
* Mandatory Fields
Learn more about this role