Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
Technology Infrastructure (TI), part of the Global Technology & Operations organization, consists of more than 6,600 employees worldwide. With a presence in more than 35 countries, TI designs, builds and operates end-to-end technology infrastructure solutions and manages critical systems and platforms across the bank. TI delivers industry-leading infrastructure products and services to the company’s employees, customers and clients around the world. GBS Technology, part of TI organization, provides technology support and solutions for Global Business Services India.
Service Desk Agent will be responsible for voice calls management/incident management/problem management/service request fulfillment for GBS India users (21K). Candidate will also be responsible to provide support for major incident management and should be subject matter expertise with good knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Candidate with 3+years of in-depth, hands-on experience working with large scale incident management skills
- Provide technical assistance and support for clients and partners via call, chat and web
- Co-ordinate incident resolution to ensure all problems are handled appropriately and in a timely manner
- Demonstrate technical understanding of the products and services in our support catalog
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients always focusing on their satisfaction
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvements to product, processes or procedures and raising them for action
- Take a proactive approach to increase productivity and efficiency for our clients via various initiatives
- When identifying gaps in knowledge, proactively route updates and amendments to the Service Enablement team
- Demonstrate support of the Technology evolution by providing ideas, inputs and supporting project activities
- Take ownership and accountability of an incident from start through to a successful resolution, following up where needed and communicating to the client
- Escalate issues and involve an Expert Support Specialist or Team Leaders whenever required in order to solve problems as quick as possible
- Maintains and consistently demonstrates the core values of client centricity along with the knowledge of the Banks processes and practices to ensure driving the best User Experience.
- The primary Service Desk Agent role is that of providing first level support through taking calls, chats, web tickets and handling the resulting incidents or Service Requests, using the incident and request fulfillment process in line with the Service desk objectives.
- Resolve issues to the best of your ability in a timely manner and know when to escalate especially during high call volume periods.
- Any Bachelors degree with Technical knowledge/Bachelor's degree in a technology
- ITIL and MCSE certification is added value
- Active Directory, Win 10 Operating Systems
- VMWare administration and incident management
- Basic knowledge of AD, DNS, DHCP, LAN, WAN and Proxy
- Risk management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in dynamic environment
- Basic understanding of Windows and application knowledge
- Multi-Tasking ability
- ITSM knowledge
- Managing operational issues
- Capacity management & shift scheduling
- Good analytical knowledge
- Preferred skills include ITIL and MCSE certification
- Experience working in large enterprise environments with an understanding of ITIL process and functions, including support for maintenance, modification, incident & problem resolution
- Candidate must be able to work effectively with a diverse team of global resources with varying skillsets to provide application expertise and direction for issue remediation and resolution
- Rotational shifts – 24X7 (7 am - 4 pm / 10 am-7 pm / 2 pm - 11 pm / 10 pm -7 am)
- Weekend working - Yes – Rotational
- 45 hrs. per week
Learn more about this role