A great opportunity to join our Global Commercial Banking Team! The Bank of America Global Commercial Banking market is seeking a Market Executive (ME) to maintain and grow our industry leading market share position within the Greater Los Angeles market. The specific geography for our Greater LA-North market encompasses the area north of Interstate 10 across LA County in its entirety and all of Ventura County. The Middle Market segment of the Global Commercial Bank serves public and private companies with annual revenues of $50 million to over $2 billion.
The Market Executive (ME) functions as the market leader with overall responsibility for revenue and profitability, developing and executing the market strategy, client satisfaction, coaching and inspecting the Client Management Process, and hiring and developing talent. The majority of the ME’s time is divided among three areas: coaching and developing relationship managers (RMs) and client teams; client meetings and events; developing and executing the market strategy, in collaboration with the market leadership team.
The position will office in Downtown Los Angeles.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Reports to the Pacific Southwest Regional Executive
- Manages a team of Relationship Managers and Commercial Associates
- Invests time with the market’s clients, prospects, and key referral sources
- Is responsible for strategically allocating resources in the market
- Has direct accountability for the optimal allocation of Relationship Managers and collaborates with the market leadership team to determine the optimal allocation of credit products, treasury solutions, and sales support resources to capitalize on the market opportunity
- Manages the team’s pipeline of deals and facilitates hand-offs between members of the client teams
- Continually enhances team performance through effective recruiting, coaching, development, and performance management activities
- Is an integral member of the Pacific Southwest leadership team and develops strong relationships with the leaders of the business, key support partners, and other MEs
- At times, the ME may lead or participate in enterprise projects or initiatives
- Is also expected to be a “Brand Ambassador” to the business community within their market
- Growth in business as measured by # of clients, solutions per relationship, loan balances, deposit balances, investment banking revenue, and total revenue
- Returns on business
- Client satisfaction
- Employee satisfaction
- 360 Degree Feedback
- Contributions to larger business outside direct scope of influence
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Leadership Characteristics:
- Undergraduate degree required: Majors in business, finance or economics preferred.
- 15+ years’ experience in Commercial Lending.
- Proficiency in Capital Structure and Investment Banking products.
- Capable of organizing, facilitating, leading and negotiating with team of bank associates to solve client problems.
- Series 7, 63, 24 licensed.
- Strong understanding of sales organizations and sales processes.
- Establish and maintain collaborative partnerships across organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrates strong teaming behavior that creates win-win solutions that build trust.
- Able to drive integration among multiple partners and functions.
- Demonstrates deep and broad business acumen - a strong business person with technical skills.
- Demonstrates strong credit skills and the ability to shape complex financial solutions.
- Core commercial credit and treasury knowledge.
- Complex problem resolution abilities.
- Able to influence executive management and provide thought leadership across the organization.
- Easily navigates multiple client and support organizations.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and acts with speed - able to achieve results quickly.
- Displays personal courage, makes tough people and business decisions.
- Displays a positive attitude to champion change and ensure strategies are effectively implemented.
- Communicates crisply and candidly.
- Unquestionable business and personal integrity
- Fast learner able to understand and assimilate new information rapidly.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role