The CFO Group is currently looking for a Specialist to join the Latin America Business Finance team in Brazil.
- Production, review and reporting of the daily P&L for the Credit and Distressed LatAm businesses;
- Responsible for end to end daily P&L and B/S production processes;
- Utilizes thorough knowledge and understanding of product and trade life cycle flow;
- Performs ledger closing of books during month end, posts journal entries, prepares and may review FOBO reconciliation between systems;
- Provides breakdown and analysis of the daily P&L by trader, strategy and risk factors. Justification of material variances as well as managing P&L discussions or disputes with the business;
- Coordinates and resolves system discrepancies;
- Builds and enhances process controls as per standards and supports project execution;
- Works alongside Accounting and Operations in order to ensure a sound and effective end-to-end trade flow process;
- Supports development of new business initiatives or products from a Business Finance perspective.
Core skills and requirements
- Experience in Product Control, Middle-Office, Market Risk or Operations roles in investment banks with deep knowledge of investment products, balance sheet, profit & loss and market risk;
- Graduated in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Technology, Economics or Business Administration;
- High level of numeracy and proficiency in financial mathematics of cash and derivative products with ability to value financial instruments from first principles;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken); Spanish is a plus;
- Strong ability in Excel. VBA programming is desired;
- Thorough understanding of foreign exchange and interest rate products, including analysis of sensitivity measures, yield curve modeling and product valuation techniques;
- Strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills to make sound and independent judgment and decisions under rapidly changing and often stressful environment;
- Highly motivated, pro-active, self-starter, multi-tasking and committed to getting the job done;
- Team player with multicultural sensitivity and analytical mindset over interactions with peers in other countries and divisions.
Learn more about this role