Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
There is an immediate opening for a Merrill Private Wealth Client Relationship Manager in the Miami XMI International Market. The Market is led by Market Executive, Andres De Corral and is part of the International Division. The parent office is located in Miami, Florida and supports Coral Gables International associate office.
The ideal candidate is a team player and should possess strong coaching, relationship building, problem resolution and interpersonal skills. The position requires a high focus on supervisory and regulatory requirements, business management and retention. Candidates should have excellent leadership, process and organizational skills delivered with a highly effective interpersonal style. Strength and commitment around the Optimal Practice Model and the Client Experience Standard are critical. The candidate would be actively engaged in working with PWAs, Analysts, and CAs to deliver service models beyond expectations, display strong operational knowledge and be highly motivated to drive firm-wide initiatives such as Client Support Enhancer, SQA+, Client Retention/Acquisition. Candidates must have the Series 7, 66, (63/65) 9, & 10.
The Client Relationship Manager (CRM) is a direct report to the Merrill Lynch Wealth Management Market Executive (MLWM ME) with dual reporting to the Division Client Relationship Manager (DCRM). The CRM functions as a member of the branch leadership team. The CRM manages the Client Associates and Service Support Staff along with the branch's Operations Department where responsibilities include Funds/Securities Receipt & Processing, Wire & Order, and Trade Corrections and Document Control where the review and approval of all Client Financial transactions takes place. Additionally, the CRM role will be responsible for the overall delivery and management of the client service experience for the Market.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure client service expectations are met and exceeded while balancing the risk and exposure for Merrill Lynch
• Representing the office and Merrill Lynch with clients, prospects, Financial Advisor recruits, vendors, regulators and outside legal counsel
• Review and approve all new client relationships
• Responsible for managing, training and developing the branch's Client Associates and Service Support Staff
• The role of the CRM will require diversification and experience of ML Products & Services, Trend Analysis, Risk Assessment, Human Resources and broad Industry Knowledge.
Required Skills: "MUST" have these skills to be minimally qualified.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, client centric individual who has:
• Series 7, 66, 9, 10 (or equivalent) Licenses required
• Proven ability to manage risk, make sound decisions by having a deep understanding of industry regulations, supervisory requirements, policies/procedures, wealth management concepts, and financial services products
• Ability to speak in terms of client needs and concerns, and coach financial advisors on aligning solutions to goals in a suitable and controlled way
• A deep appreciation and understanding of our client centric strategy
• Strong customer service and communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to provide coaching to Financial Advisors, and Client Associates to mitigate risk through segmentation, disciplined investment practices, and documentation
• Strong analytical skills with ability to identify trends, root cause and effects, and implement improved processes to mitigate risk
• Demonstrated strong and effective leadership style through clear communication and collaboration with others, making sound decisions with courage and conviction
• Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize appropriately
• Investment product knowledge (i.e., Options, Annuities, Tax, Money Funds, Mutual Funds, Liabilities, Credit, Margin, Trust Operations, etc.)
• Strong management skills, including the ability to effectively plan, monitor, influence, negotiate, supervise and delegate
• If currently an internal associate, completion of Associate Office Management Team Development program required
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Multi-lingual, with a preference in Spanish
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role