About Bank of America
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the world
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies
A role exists for a highly motivated, industry established, senior professional within the Client Services Operations Management Team, who is looking to further expand an already successful career in the field of Prime Brokerage.
The department has a Market Operation which comprises of Client Services specialist covering, Prime Brokerage, OCRM, FX prime Brokerage, GCAS and Futures & Options and OTC Clearing. This structure is replicated regionally in US and EMEA, covering global and key regional client relationships.
This role is with APAC Client Service group, as Team Manager for Prime Brokerage Client Service. The individual will have extensive interactions with the clients, external counterparties and internal teams like trading desks, sales and technology both locally and cross regional on regular basis. The role is a direct report to the APAC Head of Client Services Operations.
• Team Manager acting as a senior client services representative providing Client Account Management (CSR) support to the team for APAC Clients, as well as managing some primary client relationships
• As team manager will be responsible for management of the team, performing routine management functions such as interviewing, training, performance planning, coaching and providing technical support, as well as the development and delivery of training related to organizational change.
• Drive the ongoing review of clients and our operational offering.
o Responsible for the analysis and resolution of complex operations problems and initiatives requiring exception handling and/or coordination of multiple operational and/or product specialists to resolve.
o Responding to exceptions raised by clients and liaising with multiple operational functions globally to resolve issues.
o Communicate and educate clients in relation to regulatory and industry changes.
o Coordinate and liaise with internal teams in APAC, EMEA and US to provide coverage and support for global clients
o Participate in client visits with RMs (New Business Pitches / Ongoing Client Service)
o Provide clients with in-person demonstrations of client interface systems
o Provide new product/market support to clients
• Developing the strategy for the team and delivery to overall CSR targets
o Partners Closely with Technology, Operations & Front Office to drive change
o Embedding CSR initiatives into the team and building out the service offering by covering initiatives such as (Etask, Tiering, Platinum Model, Self Service, etc).
o Continuous improvement of the operations environment and client support model, with an STP focus.
o Explore potential synergies across Client Operations.
o Participate and manage projects and/or introduction of new initiatives, systems, products/services and processes to delivery.
• 5+ years of experience in an operations role, ideally a client facing role. In-depth knowledge of the prime brokerage operations support, with a clear understanding of Global Markets Trade lifecycle.
• Demonstrates leadership excellence, having led an organization in the past delivering superior tangible / quantifiable results. Being able to Hire, manage and develop staff. Ensure excellent performance in their current role and manage staff rotation.
• Exhibit the ability to switch between macro and micro operating principles in order to design, lead and adjust the control operating model as the need arises.
• The role will demand that the candidate is a strong communicator as the function entails frequent interaction with business partners and clients, in addition to providing support to other members of the CSR team. Presentable, confident and client focused. Client facing experience or ability to conduct discussions with Clients in a confident manner.
• Ability to evaluate the risk considerations and ensure tasks are carried out in a controlled fashion.
• Knowledge of industry rules and regulations, as well as common industry wide business practices.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment and have the ability to prioritize and multi-task under pressure.
• Experience working in a global environment with outsourced partners would also be considered as a benefit.
• Language skills (additional) would be a benefit but not required.
∙ Knowledge of industry rules and regulations, as well as common industry wide business practices.
∙ Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
∙ Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
∙ Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner
∙ Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
∙ Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
∙ Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
Learn more about this role