Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Global Markets.
Senior Java Developer role if the Electronic Trading Control team which is part of Electronic Trading Technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of Java development (core Java concepts, multi-threading, concurrency, collections, algorithms)
- Ability to design, code, document and test reusable components, frameworks and systems
- Experience developing Complex Event Processing systems
- Knowledge of Linux operating system and networking
- Database experience (knowledge of RMDS like Oracle, NoSQL like MongoDB, TSDB like InfluxDB)
- Experience with SDLC process and agile development practices (JIRA, Jenkins, Confluence, git)
- Experience with messaging systems and APIs (JMS, EMS, AMPS)
- Experience interacting with multiple technology teams to understand their data and requirements
- Strong knowledge of electronic trading (components and order lifecycle, FIX protocol)
- Financial industry experience with good understanding of equities
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements (RegNMS, OATS, CAT)
Bank of America's Global Banking and Markets Technology Organization....
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role