Job Title: Payroll Tax Manager
Line of Business: Global Human Resources
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: Camberley, UK
One of the world’s leading financial institutions, we have 57 million customers ranging from individuals to businesses to governments and we are committed to growing responsibly. We’ve been building meaningful connections in Europe, the Middle East and Africa for 90 years, and you’ll find our 200,000-strong workforce in more than 35 countries worldwide.
Here in our Camberley office we are looking to recruit a Senior Payroll Delivery Manager to join our EMEA Payroll Team. Our team is responsible for the delivery of pay services across the EMEA region. Reporting to the EMEA Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for the establishment and management of complex and non-standard pay arrangements across the Region, which will ensure we accurately pay individuals and we meet our tax & legal obligations.
Within the role, you will be responsible for the management of pay arrangements for dual contracts, executives, non-exec directors, short term and long term assignees across the region. You will work closely with the individual pay delivery teams, as well as the Compensation, Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Shared Services, Global Mobility and HR Leadership. Additionally there will be interaction with Legal and external tax advisors.
- Oversee the management of all complex pay delivery arrangements in EMEA.
- Integrate activities with the broader pay team to ensure seamless pay delivery.
- Partner with internal and external parties to ensure solutions manage risk and are practical.
- Represent the payroll function with senior leaders where required.
- Ensure all processes are managed within the bank’s process risk and control framework.
- Develop and implement controls & metrics to assess the effectiveness of the process.
- Partner with internal functions to ensure the monthly pay execution receives the necessary information for individuals managed.
- Maintain relevant auditable records, spreadsheets and calculations needed for the execution of agreed arrangements.
- Ensure compliance with monthly, quarterly and annual returns and reconciliation of payments.
- Keep up to date with impacting laws, rules & regulations that may affect any aspect of international pay arrangements.
- As requested, manage or participate in projects that impact the EMEA payroll.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Qualified payroll practitioner or will have a professional qualification in tax. Exposure to EMEA tax complexities would be an advantage.
- Project management qualification such as PRINCE 2 would be an advantage.
- Experienced Payroll professional ideally in the financial services or professional services sector.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to simplify complex information as well as adapting this to the audience / stakeholder.
- Comfortable speaking clearly and confidently at senior levels and able to convey technical information in layman terms.
- Extensive leadership skills; with the ability to work with the junior members of the team.
- Excellent Project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- HR partnership skills with the ability to work with key HR stakeholders to ensure you meet internal client needs.
- Excellent tax/payroll knowledge with ability to apply this to practical solutions to complex issues.
- Experience managing complex cross border scenarios.
- Subject matter expert for income tax and social security related aspects of Brexit strategy across EMEA.
- Problem solving ability with a pragmatic approach to getting the job done.
- Resilient; ability to manage in a constantly changing environment, with the ability to support junior team members through change.
- Effective management of employee escalations.
- Experience in delivering practical, innovative solutions to internal clients.
- Logically minded with the ability to question the status quo.
- Be a 'team player' but with the ability to work independently and drive projects forward.
- Have a bias for action and with the ability to translate strategy into action.
- Building relationships will be key to your success and you will utilize these relationships to mobilise the right teams to get the job done
- Creative problem solver and strategic thinker.
- Intellectually curious with a desire to learn continuously.
- Driving operational excellence with key vendors and stakeholders.
We offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package. Learn more about our benefits here.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
For more information on our commitment to ESG, visit about.bankofamerica.com
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
Learn more about this role