Leads and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of complex system engineering activities involving cross-functional technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of highly complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Establishes input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility, coordination of subsystems design, and integration of total system. Viewed as a technology subject matter expert; able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors. Will have responsibility for multiple, complex projects; will direct activities of teams related to special initiatives or operations and may have direct reports. Leads the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Information Technology degree and/or technology certifications preferred or substantial equivalent experience. Typically 7-10 years of IT experience.
Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital
Role will establish a IT System Resiliency and Service Operational Risk Assessment program, maintain needed planning and monthly reporting for activities in progress and completed. Resiliency is focused on up-time rather than recovery time.
The senior IT System Engineering Consultant provides deep subject matter expertise (SME) focused on ensuring and improving technology services resiliency (the practice of planning for infrastructure up-time supported by architecture that continues to operate when a component fails) and mitigating operational risk associated with externally hosted IT services. As a SME and senior consultant to internal technology and business groups, she or he will create solid written business cases, and deliver presentations that will convince service providers of the need for the Resiliency Review; and subsequently propose solutions and improvements identified, and all that is needed to garner agreement for implementing such by senior leaders. The consultant will assess and analyze broad IT system resiliency architecture and designs, and identify non-functional operational and business risks associated with 3rd party services connectivity in support of IT System’s High-Availability, Stability, Resiliency, and Disaster Recovery capabilities. She or he will liaison business, technical organizations, and vendors, independently providing IT consultation services by planning, conducting and overseeing resiliency fail-over activities.
Required Job Skills:
- 2-3 years of IT System’s Operational Risk Assessment experience
- 2-5 years IT systems consulting experience
- Familiarity with High-Availability designs of enterprise IT systems and networks
- Proven ability to establish, lead, and document IT System Resiliency Certification
- Vendor Performance Management: Ability to prepare, document, and deliver required reporting and administrative activities to ensure 3rd party service performance and resiliency capabilities meet contractual SLAs and are aligned to ITSM operational processes
- ITSM Change and Problem Management Experience: Independently lead, facilitate, and manage teleconference meetings involving a large number of participants outside of your group to perform needed Change, Problem Management, and Risk Assessment activities
- Ability to precisely identify Root Cause (RC), Operational Risk gaps and opportunities, and the necessary follow up activities needed to mitigate; documented as needed in Remedy SOR
To be successful in this role:
- Exceptional listening skills: essential for navigating and driving desired outcomes across a large, multi-disciplined technology and business organization within prescribed time frames. (Related prior experience will be assessed and validated during interviews)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills: Must be demonstrated (beginning with the resume and during interviews) to establish the capability to communicate clearly and succinctly to a large, multi-disciplined technology and business organization, required to influence decision makers, and win trust using people skills and deep technology knowledge
- Leading individuals outside your group: Strong inter-personal, influencing, negotiating, consensus building, and conflict resolution skills are crucial
- Proven related prior experience will be appraised during the interview process
- Must be a mature self-starter able to multi-task in a fast paced environment with minimal direction and manage competing priorities under tight deadlines while maintaining necessary processes, controls and procedures that ensure accuracy and integrity in reporting into needed multiple SORs
- Adept at decomposing complex technology and/or process problems into well organized, logical and detailed descriptions that succinctly highlight critical issues and will facilitate problem solving
- Attention to detail and effective skills for driving Problem Management disciplines to achieve desired outcomes
- 5-7 years of IT systems consulting experience
- Prior experience writing business cases for management interpretation and action.
- Professional level of etiquette in high pressure situations
- Working knowledge and experience of ITIL processes
- Proven success building internal and external relationships with vendors and business partners.
- Knowledge of IT system administration best practices, monitoring (at all 7 layers), Internet network technologies and information security related technologies (DMZs, Proxies, Load Balancers, Firewalls) and operating systems (VMWare/ Oracle RAC, DBMS, Clusters, JVMs) as the role will require expertise analyzing IT system designs for resiliency, DR capabilities.
- BS degree (Preferred: Engineering, Technology, or Computer Science)
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role