We are looking for a Senior Technical Project Manager to join our Futures & Options Technology team Global Banking & Markets Technology in New York. The team is responsible for development of several Front-to-back applications spanning FOOTC Trade entry and Middle office functions for the Futures and Options business. This is an exciting role focused on managing the delivery of electronic trading functionality, while working closely with front office to ensure benefits are delivered as anticipated.
The candidate will need to be able to interact with a number of different teams across the bank, needing strong communication, influencing, coordination, and people skills to achieve the required outcomes.
The applicant's primary responsibilities include business analysis, project management, and technical oversight. A thorough Front-to-back knowledge of Futures & Options / Cleared OTC technologies is crucial to achieving success in this role. You must be a self-starter and willing to work with new technologies.
Business and Technical Analysis
- Work with a great degree of independence with business, risk and operations to define & capture the requirements for several large regulatory projects and firm mandates
- Lead discussions that determine what is needed from preconceptions on how it could be done
- Concisely document requirements as is appropriate to the scope of the effort / development methodology (stories, FRS, JIRAs)
- Leverage business and functional knowledge of the derivatives industry and a technology background to solve problems through proposals developed in close partnership with the development team
- Once business requirements have been defined and technical design finalized, the candidate will work with QA on the QA test plan including testing strategy and approach.
- Analyze test output and secure sign-offs for final software application implementation.
- Work with the various technology managers & development leads to set the delivery schedule, manage the resource plan and agree messaging on expectations
- Partner with business, operations, and risk & operations stakeholders to prioritize work relative to annual budgets and the resource plan
- Tailor communications to be appropriate for the audience being communicated to
- Structure & manage effective meetings with stakeholders at all levels
- Manage expectations of stakeholders as per the capabilities, capacities and constraints faced by the development team & other dependencies (infrastructure)
- Maintain a clear, concise view of issues, risks, dependencies & milestones
- Prepare status documentation for users and senior management.
Manages projects limited in scope to LOB products, processes or functions although some may have cross-functional or inter-departmental implications. Serves as secondary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives and provides assistance to staff. Partners with the business to develop and transition plans, including ongoing success measures, to sustain the change. Accountable for initiatives limited in scope to department products, processes or functions although some may have cross-functional or inter-departmental implications. Accountable for analyzing present-state, developing alternative future-state approaches and facilitating implementation. Plans, organizes, monitors and controls projects using appropriate tools and techniques to ensure efficient and effective project completion. Develop and socialize potential risk mitigation strategies. Effectively communicates with managers, peers and business partners on deliverables, timelines and support needed. Partners with the business to develop and transition plans, including ongoing success measures, to sustain the change. Responsible for Clarity and PCM updates and project documents. Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines. Typically 3+ plus years of project management support experience.
- The resource should be fluent in working with end to end systems flow and business processes, including very significant exposure to electronic order execution & derivatives risk management
- Exceptional understanding of Derivatives markets (OTC Cleared Derivatives and Futures & Options, etc)
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration, Management Information Science, Finance, or related.
- Experience Requirement: experience in Global Markets offering as a Business Analyst / Project Manager/ Tech Lead
- Ability to understand and absorb business and technology concepts quickly.
- Must have experience with business analysis and data analysis.
- Must have experience with relational databases, SQL, and MS Office Suite.
- Excellent communication, problem solving skills & ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong Knowledge of various Trade execution platforms is preferred.
- Experience working with Business, Risk, Compliance, Change management and/or Operations team
- Exposure to tools/applications like JIRA, HP QC, Sharepoint preferred
- Prior technical experience as a SME preferred.
- Proactively own and resolve details of high level tasks
- Enjoy team working environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of operational aspects of managing a software stack
Bank of America's Global Banking and Markets Technology Organization....
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role