At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Make a difference where it counts by joining our industry-leading Consumer Lending team at Bank of America and Merrill Lynch. We’re looking for people with focus and drive – people who take the time to get to know clients, engage with them to understand what’s important to them, and provide the lending solutions, service and expertise they need to achieve their financial goals.
As part of the Bank of America team, financial center lending officers (FCLOs) have access to industry-leading products and services, award-winning platforms and a team of dedicated loan coordinators and underwriters – all designed to meet the unique life priorities of our clients. FCLOs work in assigned financial centers and partner closely with financial center employees as part of one team that delivers exceptional client care.
The FCLO is responsible for originating retail mortgage loans and other lending products – through uncovering client needs and matching them to our lending solutions. Contact with clients may be either by telephone or in-person. The FCLO actively solicits new residential mortgage business and sells Bank of America lending products to meet established loan quality and production goals.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
We’ll help you
• Get training and one-on-one coaching from managers who are invested in your success. You’ll take part in additional training and development through our Academy to develop in your role.
• Grow your network to eventually grow your business. Leverage our relationships with one out of two U.S. households. Starting at a financial center, you’ll interact with banking clients and small business owners alike. You will also tap into a range of experts, from small business bankers to financial solutions advisors.
• Provide end-to-end comprehensive lending guidance and solutions to prospective borrowers by uncovering their life priorities, analyzing financial and credit data, and determining client financing objectives.
• Stay informed on changing market conditions, business trends and regulatory requirements by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrate a commitment to professional ethics, as well as conforming to all federal and state compliance policies and adhering to Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) requirements.
As a lending officer, you can look forward to
• Providing exceptional client care with industry leading products, services, education and a dedicated team of loan coordinators and underwriters.
• Building a quality external network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. Sources may consist of real estate professionals, builders, and professional and personal contacts.
• Expanding your reach further through participation in business-related development opportunities, community efforts to promote homeownership and professional organizations.
• Robust marketing strategies to reach wider audiences with greater appeal.
• Ongoing professional development to deepen your skills as the industry evolves and changes.
• A world-class suite of employee benefits.
You’re a person who (required skills)
• Has 2+ years of experience in a loan origination role.
• Understands how to manage a pipeline effectively.
• Has a strong knowledge of loan products (conventional, jumbo and government).
• An ability to analyze income and assets properly in order to qualify clients for specific loan products.
• Understands processing, underwriting and/or closing procedures.
• Has a working knowledge of federal regulations governing real estate lending.
• Is a strong communicator, both verbally and in writing.
• Is a self-motivated and highly organized.
• Can prioritize multiple competing tasks.
• Can build and maintain solid referral base (that is, strong community involvement/ties, established relationship with assigned financial center).
• Uses appropriate interpersonal styles, communication methods and approaches to gain clients.
• Understands the connection of the level of service provided being directly correlated to driving sales volume.
• Can be flexible to work weekends and/or extended hours as needed.
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
• Familiarity with FHA and HUD guidelines.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft applications and previous experience using laptop technology for communication purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status information.
• Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• The ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives.
• Professional and effective interpersonal skills.
We’re a culture that
• Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
• Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
• Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role
At Bank of America, I get to make a difference every day.
On screen copy:
On screen copy:
Uncover client needs and math them with the right mortgage products and services
As a Lending Officer, my job is to uncover client needs and match them with the right mortgage products and services.
Throughout the entire loan process, I’m the point of contact for my clients.
Sometimes it can be challenging to identify exactly what a client wants or needs, which means it’s up to me to build strong relationships — and an even stronger knowledge of our loan products.
Every morning, I participate in a morning huddle with my Financial Center teammates where we practice skill-building activities and discuss performance and upcoming appointments.
I feel lucky to have access to a tremendous client base with Bank of America. Because I work in the Financial Center, I’m able to greet clients whether they walk in for a traditional banking need or for an appointment.
Bank of America is focused on client care and gives me the support I need to build strong relationships.
On screen copy:
Access to industry-leading sales tools and technology
I have access to industry-leading sales tools and technology to grow my business and online resources that help me find the information I need.
It’s important for me to manage my business pipeline by contacting clients, following up with realtor partners and staying current on training.
Being part of the Financial Center team allows my teammates to refer clients to me for their lending needs.
On screen copy:
We act as one team
We act as one team by connecting our clients to the right specialist through personal introductions and appointments.
My leadership team provides the guidance I need to be successful through in-person or over-the-phone coaching.
On screen copy:
Trained by the award-winning Academy at Bank of America
The Academy at Bank of America
(Classroom Training Icon)
(Dedicated Support Icon)
(Dedicated Training Time Icon)
As a Lending Officer, you’ll participate in Bank of America’s award-winning Academy, It starts on your first day with an immersive onboarding program that includes classroom training, dedicated support and dedicated training time.
The Academy’s defined career paths and development opportunities are what have enabled me to thrive in my career.
On screen copy:
I am thankful to work for a company that promotes inclusion and understanding and that truly cares about me with so many great benefits like paid time off, competitive pay and even tuition reimbursement.
There is nothing more rewarding than attending a closing with a client and being part of such a huge milestone in their lives.
I know Bank of America is invested in helping me reach my full potential, so I can help my clients reach theirs.
We all have goals. Pursue yours at Bank of America.
On screen copy:
Learn more: bankofamerica.com/Careers
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws.
Bank of America, N.A. Member FDIC. ©2019 Bank of America Corporation.