Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Global Markets.
Senior Core Java Big Data Developer
The Senior Core Java Big Data developer will be responsible for designing and delivering next generation event processing, alerting, analytics and regulatory reporting system. The candidate would be hands on developer working within Bank of America Global Markets Equities Data and Analytics group.
The Data and Analytics team is responsible building systems that help the Bank leverage the power of data helping a wide variety of users including front office execution services consultants, sales traders, data scientists and compliance.
The role involves working with large volumes of data generated at very high velocity, typically billions of messages a day with peaks of several thousands of messages per second. Candidates must have a passion for building efficient, scalable and highly resilient systems working in a collaborative environment with multiple stake holders.
- Design and develop distributed, high volume, high velocity multi-threaded event processing systems using Core Java technology stack in an agile setting
- Develop highly efficient software code for multiple use cases leveraging Core Java and Big Data technologies for various use cases built on the platform.
- Provide high operational excellence guaranteeing high availability and platform stability
- 8+ years of recent Core Java development experience
- 5+ years of experience developing distributed multi-threaded systems
- Excellent understanding of object oriented design and development principles
- Experience working in Equities Order Management and Regulatory reporting is required
- Experience in developing large scale, fault tolerance systems with Apache Kafka, Apache Storm, NoSQL databases or related technologies is desirable
- Experience with other Big Data frameworks is plus
- Experience with DevOps model and tools like Ansible is a plus
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and integrity
- Experience in the financial industry is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or similar
Bank of America's Global Banking and Markets Technology Organization....
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role