Data Transaction Services provides registered external clients with secure FTP data exchange facilities over the Internet and over dedicated connections. DTS interfaces with various processing systems within Bank of America Merril Lynch and provides clients with a single interface for data exchange. DTS B2BI runs on the Gentran Integration Suite (GIS) which is developed by Sterling Commerce and recently acquired by IBM. DTS Service Desk team supports the below tasks:
1. File Transmission issues on TP (Trading Partner) and BU (Business Unit) end.
2. System Alerts
3. Configuration issues
4. Critical system issues
5. Password Reset
6. File Replay
1. Monitoring and Production support for Critical Data Transaction platforms.
2. The application is running on LINUX servers, responsible for platform availability (24X7)
3. Data Transmissions are happening through GIS platform (A sterling commerce product). Need to monitor the GIS application and to ensure the availability of the application.
4. Eligible to analyze and resolve the transmission and protocol (FTP, FTPS, SFTP, AS2, VPN) issues.
5. Trouble shoots tickets (Incidents) on transmission issues and need to monitor alerts related to transmission issues.
6. Need to restart applications whenever necessary.
7. Need to trouble shoot basic mainframe issues (some of the bank transmissions is to mainframe servers)
8. Need to resolve the transmission related production issues and act upon swiftly.
9. Escalations to next level.
Assist senior staff, providing resolution to an assortment of problems of moderately complex scope related to systems engineering activities, including organizing development of OS technical support,systems programming and data center capabilities. Works under general supervision, carrying out routine and semi-routine engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities associated with one or more technical areas within the engineering function such as, system design, engineering, implementation, or operations/user support. . Additionally, participates in and contributes to the fulfillment of team or functional goals and objectives through assigned projects or involvement in phase(s) of larger enterprise projects. Typically 3-5 years of systems experience.
• Able to recognize problem situations & escalate to appropriate level.
• Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to document detailed descriptions of problem situations and their resolutions
• Flexible to work any shift, including weekends when needed
• Basic Knowledge in Unix and Mainframes
• Candidate should have good knowledge in transmission protocols and networks
• Network and Midrange experience a plus.
• Previous helpdesk or command center experience
• Linux Knowledge or worked in Gentran Integrated Suite/Mainframe will be given priority
Technology Infrastructure Organization:
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role