Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and dynamic leader. S/he will have a track record of leading and coaching others to grow a business organically and demonstrating a strong commitment to the client experience. S/he will be a passionate about hiring, managing, and developing a diverse team of leaders and advisors. Candidates will also be motivated to connect meaningfully with financial advisors and help them grow by leveraging the entire enterprise on behalf of clients. Courageous leadership skills, disciplined process management, and a true ability to take ownership within the market are critical.
The Merrill Lynch Market Executive:
- Leads the market (typically consisting of a parent and associate offices) to achieve the business goals, leveraging the team consisting of an Administrative Manager, Client Relationship Manager, Resident Directors, Financial Advisors, Client Associates and Operations staff.
- Drives market performance results through planning, leading, and executing strong sales and service behaviors across the 3 core client segments served (Affluent, Ultra High Net Worth, and Institutional).
- Manages the market financials, including profit and loss management, customer and revenue growth, and loss prevention.
- Relishes the uniqueness of the market and builds and delivers a strategy for growth based on it.
- Leverages enterprise relationships and proactively collaborates across the organization to deliver our full capabilities to clients.
- Hires, manages, and develops a diverse management, sales and support team.
- Proactively represents the Bank of America Merrill Lynch brand in the market to personally drive growth and increase diversity.
- Interacts with clients and prospects on an advanced level regarding sales activities, account information, procedures, systems and range of financial services products.
- Anticipates, manages, and resolves risk items to protect the interests of the firm while enhancing the client experience.
- Promotes and recognizes performance; adheres to the performance management process, policies and tools.
- Builds a culture of excellence and engagement.
- Acquires talent through hiring experienced Financial Advisors and trainees.
Key Qualifications for the role:
- Candidates are required to currently hold Series 7 AND Series 66 (or Series 63 AND Series 65), Series 9 AND Series 10 (or Series 8) equivalent licenses, as well as Series 3, if applicable
- Experience running a large scale, high performing sales organization with strong understanding of Advisory business
- Sales leadership and Advisory business acumen
- Knowledge of the Wealth Management business, sales and marketing, regulatory and supervisory requirements, corporate policies and procedures; including firm-wide initiatives
- Ability to puts clients first, optimizing and aligning resources to meet clients’ individual goals and priorities
- Aligns and mobilizes resources across an organization in order to deliver sustainable results
- Demonstrates a bias for action and commitment to achieving sustainable results; builds business plans that drive financial results, compel the right behavior, and capitalize on the unique opportunities of a market
- Create business strategy, set clear objectives and measure progress
- Takes appropriate risks while ensuring that optimal value and outcomes are achieved
- Demonstrates sound judgment by acting decisively while using objectivity and facts
- Influences others, inspiring them to follow his/her lead
- Builds a diverse, inclusive, and high-performing team; attracts, develops, and retains top talent
- Coaches others to succeed and grow
- Polished executive communication skills and presence
- Leads with courage and conviction
- Demonstrates personal resilience and an ability to lead through change
- Demonstrates a mature, poised, credible and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect
- Holds him/herself to the highest standards of professional conduct in both words and actions
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role