Applies technical knowledge in determining end to end design requirements for large projects involving line of business, software/hardware developers and vendors. Work closely with business partners to define strategies for technical solutions, determine requirements, and develop functional designs based on the analysis of line of business needs, objectives and existing systems infrastructure. Drives and participates in design, development and implementation of large and complex enterprise wide applications, often using new technologies. Work closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working technical designs and that test plans and scripts serve customer needs. May manage projects including responsibility for a project and project budget. Works under minimal supervision on enterprise wide projects requiring creative solutions. IT degree preferred or substantially equivalent experience. Typically requires a minimum of 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for Employees supporting Global Markets.
The BA/Program Manager is responsible for the execution of one or more simultaneous projects. This person will lead a team to ensure client’s deliverables are met on time and within budget. Create BRD and FRDs for assigned programs. The ideal candidate will have a diverse BA/program management background working for one of the Big 4 consulting firms. Candidate should also have a background in Capital Markets Reference Data.
- Set up routines, establish meetings’ cadence(s) and rhythms and enforce.
- Work closely with various partners across business , operations, and technology to receive their agreement and approval.
- Create, execute and monitor program level communication and management strategies.
- Produce project documentation and project plans to team standards, and within the current project lifecycle standards, soliciting business sign off, governance, and action where appropriate.
- Provide support and oversight of implementation through project completion.
- Manage multiple project deadlines, budgets, margins and contracted deliverables.
- Facilitate regular meetings to review current state of projects, issues, additional needs, and answer questions.
- Develop and implement consistent and standardized processes and methodologies.
- Drive the intellectual content on engagements, serving as the lead professional and driving the highest quality of work.
- Actively engage in Release Management activities on a rotating basis – Agile with 2 week sprints
- 7+ years of experience managing multiple complex projects with strong experience with Agile, Scrum and Consulting/Advisory (Big 4)
- Solid understanding of project management disciplines, best practices and artifacts
- Demonstrated success working with geographically dispersed project teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - ability to communicate clearly at all organizational levels
- Demonstrated attentiveness to quality and productivity
- Solid analytical, problem solving, negotiation and organizational skills
- Experience organizing and planning skills to effectively manage a team - ability to motivate, direct and lead others
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment while juggling multiple tasks, good time management skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, SQL, Visio
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze large sets of data.
- Ability to work with co-located teams (development team in Toronto and management team in NY
- Solid JIRA Reporting skills
- Ability to work autonomously and produce results very quickly
- Release Management experience (will be required to serve as Release Manager on a rotating basis)
- This is a very hands-on role and not a role where Project Managers will provide support under him/her
- Ability to juggle multiple Workstreams with varying deliverables and timelines
Location is downtown NYC, on site 5 days / week.
Bank of America's Global Banking and Markets Technology Organization....
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs. B
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role