- Job Description
- Technical support consultant is responsible for supporting multiple complex applications in WINDOWS/ UNIX Variants (familiarity at a minimum)
- Work activities include Problem/Incident Management, Operational Readiness, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics and Reporting, Production Governance, Triage, Associate Support, Change/Configuration Management, etc
- Takes ownership of escalations and perform trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution
- Takes part in production support rotation, and responding and resolving production problems
- Provide coaching and mentoring for others
- Will work under minimal supervision (proactive engagement, versus reactionary when called upon)
- Requires 5+ years of applicable experience
- Benefit from having coding experience and code debugging experience
- Actively participate with complex triages and Root Cause Investigations
- Support rotation within 24x7window (floating schedule)
Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include OS technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Assists in establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of subsystems design and integration of total system. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 5 or more years of systems engineering experience.
Required Skills / Qualifications: (Candidate should have hands on experience in several areas listed below)
- In depth technical experience in midrange application support - Primarily WINDOWS, UNIX/AIX/Linux (familiarity at a minimum), Powershell, Perl, MQ, FTP/NDM, BMC Remedy, Java, SQL Server, .net
- Experience in Production Support, Change management, Incident Management tools
- Ability to solve production down situations under tight SLA deadlines, including root cause and problem resolution follow-up
- Proactive in identifying, escalating, and addressing post implementation issues and risks
- Experience in coordinating with offshore/onshore teams and delegating work (follow the sun support model)
- Excellent Problem Solving skills and an Entrepreneurial Attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with people of varying degrees of technical expertise
- Meeting facilitation and discussion moderation skills
- Strong interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to function independently, or as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with banking or financial industry
- Payments processing
- Familiarity with Networking infrastructure (Firewalls, LTMs, Routing, proxies)
Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
2nd shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role