Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include OS technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Assists in establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of subsystems design and integration of total system. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 5 or more years of systems engineering experience.
Technology Infrastructure Organization (TI):
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Role to establish Resiliency Testing with 4 and then up to 25 Card Brand Network (CBN) endpoints. Submit CRQs for CBNs. Submit and own Nexus system requests in support of assigned activities. Establish and maintain project planning and monthly reporting for activities in progress and completed.
The senior IT System Engineering Consultant provides deep subject matter expertise (SME) focused on ensuring and improving stability and resiliency of externally hosted IT services integrated with BofA’s environment. As a SME and consultant to internal technology and business groups, she or he will create solid written business cases, and deliver presentations to senior leaders that propose recommended solutions and process improvements needed.
Required Job Skills:
- Familiarity with High-Availability designs of enterprise IT systems and networks. The consultant will assess and analyze broad network connectivity and IT system resiliency designs, and identify non-functional operational and business risks associated with 3rd party services connectivity in support of High-Availability, Stability, Resiliency, and Disaster Recovery capabilities.
- Lead and document Resiliency Certification: She or he will liaison business, technical organizations, and vendors, independently providing IT consultation services by planning, conducting and overseeing resiliency fail-over and N-1 testing.
- Vendor Performance Management: Responsible to prepare, document, and deliver required reporting and administrative activities to ensure 3rd party service performance meets contractual SLAs and are aligned to ITSM operational processes.
- Change and Problem Management Skills: Independently lead, facilitate, and manage teleconference meetings involving a large number of participants outside of your group to perform needed Change and Problem Management activities. Ability to adequately identify Root Cause (RC) and any follow up activities needed to mitigate reoccurrence documented as needed in Remedy SOR.
To be successful in this role:
- Effective listening skills: essential for navigating and driving desired outcomes across a large, multi-disciplined technology and business organization within prescribed timeframes. (Related prior experience must be validated).
- Superior verbal and written communication skills: Must be demonstrated (beginning with the resume and during interviews) to establish the capability to communicate clearly and succinctly to a large, multi-disciplined technology and business organization, required to influence decision makers, and win trust using people skills and deep technology knowledge.
- Leading individuals outside your group: Strong inter-personal, influencing, negotiating, consensus building, and conflict resolution skills are crucial. Proven related prior experience will be appraised during the interview process.
- Must be a mature self-starter able to multi-task in a fast paced environment with minimal direction and manage competing priorities under tight deadlines while maintaining necessary processes, controls and procedures that ensure accuracy and integrity in reporting into needed multiple SORs.
- Adept at decomposing complex technology and/or process problems into well organized, logical and detailed descriptions that succinctly highlight critical issues and will facilitate problem solving. Attention to detail and effective skills for driving Problem Management disciplines to achieve desired outcomes.
- BS degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 5-7 years of IT systems consulting experience
- Prior experience writing business cases for management interpretation and action
- Professional level of etiquette in high pressure situations
- Working knowledge and experience of ITIL processes
- Proven success building internal and external relationships with vendors and business partners
- Knowledge of IT system administration best practices, monitoring (at all 7 layers), Internet network technologies and information security related technologies (DMZs, Proxies, Load Balancers, Firewalls) and operating systems (VMWare/ Oracle RAC, DBMS, Clusters, JVMs) as the role will require expertise analyzing IT system designs for resiliency, DR capabilities
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role