Bank of America Merrill Lynch has an opportunity for a Quantitative Finance Analyst within our Global Risk Analytics (GRA) function. GRA is a sub-line of business within Global Risk Management (GRM).
GRA is responsible for developing a consistent and coherent set of models and analytical tools for effective risk and capital measurement, management and reporting across Bank of America.
GRA partners with the Lines of Business and Enterprise functions to ensure that its models and analytics address both internal and regulatory requirements, such as quarterly Enterprise Stress Testing (EST), the annual Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), and the Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) accounting standard. GRA models follow an iterative and ongoing development life cycle, as the bank responds to the changing nature of portfolios, economic conditions and emerging risks. In addition to model development, GRA conducts model implementation, data management, model execution and analysis, forecast administration, and model performance monitoring. GRA drives innovation, process improvement and automation across all of these activities.
This role will be part of Wholesale Risk Analytics (WRA) team within GRA. Primary focus will be on the wholesale credit risk rating and regulatory capital models, but will have the opportunity to gain experience across all areas covered including wholesale loss forecast and CECL models. Responsible for independently conducting quantitative analytics and modeling projects. In addition, developing new models, analytic processes or systems approaches. Create documentation for all activities and works with Technology staff in design of any system to run models developed.
As a Quantitative Finance Analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
• Performing in-depth analysis on the bank’s risk model results using various quantitative tools such as back testing, benchmarking, sensitivity analysis
• Quantifying the impact of model limitations both in terms of firm level capital and name level exposure
• From this analysis, pulling together the overall holistic picture of model performance along with clear conclusions on overall accuracy and remediation areas as required
• Identifying common themes across global markets along with improvement initiatives
• Communicating the results of this analysis to all model stakeholders including risk management, model development, model risk, senior management and our regulators
• Supporting model development in confirming remediation of model issues prior to their being taken live
• Driving incremental improvement to our model performance assessment toolset across all business areas.
Skills and qualifications will include:
• Master's degree or PhD required (preferably in quantitative finance or a quantitative field) and 2+ years of experience
• Solid working experience in a related field (credit risk, Basel IRB). Model development experience is a big plus.
• Broad financial product knowledge
• Experience in data analysis, with excellent research and analytical skills
• Proven programming skills (Python, C++, SQL, or equivalent object-oriented programming)
• Pro-active behavior with capacity to seize initiative
• Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with personnel across areas and regions
• Ability to multitask with excellent time management skills
• Sense of focus and rigor in the completion of deliverables
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast growing whole credit risk team.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role