Responsible for developing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as maintain corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Employees are expected to have in-depth global markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Coordinates resources across various applications, operations or projects. Manages employees and makes all decisions on personnel actions including staffing, performance management and comp decision-making. Monitors progress and adjusts resources and priorities accordingly. Typically requires 10+ years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for employees supporting Global Markets.
Enterprise Risk Finance Technology (ERFT):
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Global Financial Crimes Data Technology team delivers solutions for the enhanced monitoring of suspicious activity across Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Economic Sanctions. Within the GFC Data Technology space there are multiple applications responsible for the data consumption and provisioning of data from various front line units in order to support AML and Economic Sanction activities. As such, this role is critical to oversee the GFC Customer / Account derived ADS, the Online List Management derived ADS, the Reporting framework, the Customer Risk Assessment processes. This role is also on point to assist in the buildout of the GFC roadmap to transition from legacy to strategic technology / platforms.
- Direct management of ~20 developer resources in addition to indirect management of offshore resources.
- Leadership responsibilities to activity mentor / coach team, provide challenging opportunities, and perform succession planning.
- Work closely with business partners and establish strong relationships; actively propose areas to provide technical solutions to business problems.
- Ensure the production stability of all applications, perform L2/L3 tasks, perform capacity testing, and proactively ensure all controls / technical deliverables are implemented and maintained.
- Effective technical execution and delivery ensuring all deliverables are implemented on time and within budget.
- Responsible for E2E delivery of every project including requirements gathering, analysis, development, testing, production support capabilities, financial / resource management.
- Ensure agile delivery and all agile routines and best practices are established.
- AIT deliverables are completed within timeframes i.e. RISE deliverables, NPT, DR activities, access controls.
- Assist in defining and building out the strategic direction of the applications and services delivered.
- Work closely with centralized teams including Teradata Platform COE, Global Information Security (GIS), and Technology Infrastructure teams.
- Work closely with Application Production Support team to track L1 production issues and obtain root causes in order to identify full solutions.
- Manage all External Regulatory and Internal Audit requests related to applications in scope; work with the team to prepare and consolidate responses, review and approve material prior to submission, interact with auditors/regulators to review any open issues / concerns.
- Provide action plans to close issues and work with tech leads to ensure timelines met.
- Proactively identify areas to optimize and automate to eliminate and / or reduce manual processes.
- 15+ years’ experience leading technical delivery teams of 20+ people.
- Experienced and accomplished IT leader who will help define organization and processes to assist in the transition to a new strategic model.
- Define new processes with optimization, automation, and minimum touch points in mind.
- Evaluate processes to achieve highly economical, reliable, and fully documented services.
- Technical hands-on experience with Teradata, Java, Mongo, Hadoop, Python, Microstrategy, Tableau.
- Self-motivator with high aspiration for learning and delivery and ability to maintain and build strong / effective teams.
- Excellent influence and negotiation skills to understand requirements, the root-cause of problems, and drive concrete actions on a timely fashion.
- Ability to communicate often and clearly with all key stakeholders, peer organization, etc. given the matrix organization and various stakeholders and support teams.
- Prior experience leading E2E development teams; including analysis and testing.
- Functional knowledge of technology tools such as Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, GitHub, Artifactory and Jenkins.
- Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities as a team leader.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role