The PIONEER group is responsible for delivering a reliable, extensible, high-performance and cross-product real-time trading platform that addresses Execution, Straight-Through Processing, Intelligent Pricing, Auto Quoting, Risk Management and Internal Markets.
The PIONEER RACE Team provides a real-time analytical calculation engine framework and develops varieties of real-time pricing and risk models to meet business requirements in electronic market making and strategy trading.
- Develop common frameworks and core services to facilitate real-time pricing/risk model development and promote standardization and re-use of analytical calculation modules.
- Intelligent pricing models for liquid rates products, particularly in government and agency bonds. These models strive for full automation in programmatically generating tradable prices to meet electronic market making business demands.
- In addition, the team develops pricing and risk models for fixed income products in other regions, such as Australia and Japan. Also, we handle some interest rate derivative products.
- Develop and enhance Real-time Analytical Calculation Engine (RACE) framework and related services.
- Responsible for supporting liquid rates business. Work includes developing and enhancing rates pricing and risk models, trading strategies and execution algorithms, and real-time relative value analyses.
- Maintain common analytical library and develop analytic calculation modules and services that other PIONEER teams need and promote a common analytical library across PIONEER.
- Follow release and production change procedures and work with other teams to deliver and maintain reliable and functional front-office pricing and trading applications.
- Communicate with traders directly to clarify requirements or address issues.
- Participate in rotational production support activities.
- Identify, analyze, communicate and resolve application, infrastructure and environmental issues and problems.
Experience and Skill Sets
- Seven-plus years of hands-on core Java developer experience.
- Solid analytical skills and strong financial model background.
- Knowledge and experience of Fixed Income market and electronic trading (Treasuries, Swaps, Futures, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to cope with rapid front-office development and to respond to and address production situations promptly.
- Ability to communicate and act professionally with IT staff and business clients while under strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented setting.
- Advanced degree in financial engineering, math, physical sciences or engineering is a huge plus.
- Java: strong in multi-threading programming and messaging middleware (publish/subscribe, JMS, and Tibco RV).
- Shell Scripting, Red Hat Linux, Windows, Oracle SQL, Perforce, Maven, Eclipse.
Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Global Markets.
Bank of America's Global Banking and Markets Technology Organization....
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role