Applies technical knowledge in determining end to end design requirements for large projects involving line of business, software/hardware developers and vendors. Work closely with business partners to define strategies for technical solutions, determine requirements, and develop functional designs based on the analysis of line of business needs, objectives and existing systems infrastructure. Drives and participates in design, development and implementation of large and complex enterprise wide applications, often using new technologies. Work closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working technical designs and that test plans and scripts serve customer needs. May manage projects including responsibility for a project and project budget. Works under minimal supervision on enterprise wide projects requiring creative solutions. IT degree preferred or substantially equivalent experience. Typically requires a minimum of 5-7 years of applicable experience
- Analyze current business processes & functions and partner with product managers to identify solutions to reach a desired target-state
- Work with business product owners to elicit and document requirements within an applicable process (Agile/Scrum)
- Translate business requirements into functional design and specifications - create & refine stories within Agile
- Work closely with developers and testers to ensure delivered software completely satisfies all test/acceptance criteria
- Create and manage artifacts such as Business Requirements Documents, Use Cases, Use Case Models, System Requirement Specifications, or User Stories using applicable tools (e.g. – Office documents, Story records in an ALM tool, etc)
- Create functional, data and integration system documentation, as needed, to facilitate on-going application support and future impact assessments
Required Skills & Sxperience
- 5+ years’ experience in technology projects as a business systems analyst
- Proactive self-starter who can lead by example to assess a problem, develop a work-plan to solve the problem and execute that work-plan to completion
- Ability to work independently or in groups to solve business & technology problems
- Able to understand strategic objectives, but can deliver on tactical solutions on the way to a long-term solution
- Must possess solid analytical and technical capabilities and a demonstrated ability to broadly apply these skills
- Must have strong knowledge of data relationships & understanding of data models (i.e. – conceptual & logical models)
- Must have strong SQL skills
- Business requirements management software (e.g. – JIRA, etc)
- Collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, HP ALM/Quality Center, Rally/CA Agile, Rational Team Concert, etc
- Must have MS Office tools experience: Word, Excel, Visio, & Powerpoint
Desired business & technology experience
- Commercial lending/wholesale credit lifecycle (e.g. – sales/origination, underwriting, fulfillment, etc)
- Machine learning and data science
- Experience in designing web-based applications
- Working in a highly regulated business environment
- Support in-flight Wholesale Credit Pricing program and future Wholesale Credit Technology initiatives
Bank of America
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role