Vice President, ESG Capital Markets
We believe Bank of America Merrill Lynch can do more for our clients than any other financial services firm. We understand the challenges our clients face around the world, and we use the full resources of our company to help them achieve their goals. Our solutions span the complete range of advisory, capital raising, banking, treasury and liquidity, sales and trading, and research capabilities.
Our Global Corporate & Investment Banking business focuses on building long-term relationships with more than 3,000 large U.S. and multinational corporations, financial institutions and financial sponsors. We provide strong advisory expertise, capitalizing on powerful mergers and acquisitions, corporate banking, treasury, debt and equity product expertise to deliver integrated financial solutions.
Our ESG Capital Markets business is the #1 underwriter of Green Bonds of all time, and is a consistent leader in Green Bond, Social Bond and Sustainability Bond origination. As ESG has become a topic of increasing relevance for financial institutions and our corporate clients alike, the ESG Capital Markets has played an expanding role in bringing innovative ESG product and advisory solutions to our clients. We partner closely with Corporate and Investment banking as well as Debt and Equity Capital Markets to deliver strategic advice to clients across the Americas.
The Vice President in the ESG Capital Markets team will report to the Director, ESG Capital Markets, helping to deliver the full breadth of Bank of America Securities’ ESG expertise to our Capital Markets clients.
Key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Partner closely with Banking and Product teammates in the Americas region to help clients navigate the capital markets from an ESG perspective, including advice on ESG and sustainability-themed investor disclosure
- Originate new Green, Social and Sustainability Bonds and other ESG-financing solutions across industries and client segments, advising clients on structure, documentation, marketing and execution of new transactions
- Partner closely with primary Banking and Capital Markets coverage officers as an active part of the BofAML client relationship, travelling extensively throughout the Americas, meeting with Bank clients and presenting, following up to maintain responsibility of ESG dialogue / relationship with clients
- Participate in deal teams to drive the execution phase of awarded business; lead roadshows and investor presentations as requiredAnalyze new ESG-linked financing opportunities (Green/Social/Sustainability Bonds, ESG-Linked Loans, Equity Capital Markets products, Broader ESG Advisory) and make recommendations for specific execution in the market, or provide a high quality hand-off to other Capital Markets professionals;
- Work with legal counsel regarding the preparation of documentation and at times with Second Party Opinion providers to review potential ESG-themed bond structures
- Partner with syndicate and market sales teams to engage investor feedback, respond to investor questions and stay abreast of market trends
- Provide comprehensive ESG market analysis, trends and updates; including guidance to junior resources in analysis of ESG trends, preparation of meeting materials, and development of their own careers
- Win new business consistently, with a high success rate;
- Work collaboratively with other Bank personnel so as to represent the Firm in the highest possible light; mentor junior resources so as to foster strong and consistent growth of our junior personnel; and
- Participate in and contribute to campus recruiting and other efforts to build the business in a broader context
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or CFA preferred
- 5-10+ years of capital markets experience; significant preference will be given to equity capital markets experience
- Knowledge of ESG investing concepts that goes beyond surface level familiarity, several years of ESG-investing/analysis or related experience preferred
- A track record of honest and highly ethical transaction execution for clients
- A proven track record of a proactive and assertive approach to winning client business
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills
- Distinguished written and oral communications skills
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to manage several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of a team
- Ability to travel extensively both domestically and internationally;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team collaborative environment; and
- Fluent in English; ability to communicate in Spanish for business is beneficial though not required
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role