Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to all Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
This requirement is part of Architecture and Engineering stream of CTO organization. This request is for ESCL / Splunk Engineering.
The DNS, DHCP, & IPAM (DDI) Engineer provides institutional vision at scale around the implementation of IPAM infrastructure. The ideal candidate will leads and/or participate in the design, development, and implementation of complex system engineering activities involving cross-functional technical support, systems integration and security design principles. The position consists of IPAM maintenance tasks, DHCP configurations, and may require updates to existing configurations or design of new DDI configurations. The ideal candidate will be able to understand current state and influence design decisions. Must be able to meet demands of working across multiple work streams, communicate effectively with senior technology and business leadership. Organized evidence of compliance and producing documentation will also be key to this role. Tight coordination with the infrastructure technology organization will also be required.
• Deliver high level and low level design of DNS, DHCP, and Time Services
• Drive delivery of DDI solutions, including project and implementation support
• Provide DDI consulting services to peer Engineering, Operations, and Systems teams
• Provide Level 3 / 4 DDI escalation support for Network Operations
• Work with external vendors to manage network capacity within the infrastructure. Proactively work with internal partners to determine growth requirements and ensure proper capacity is seeded to meet that demand.
• Provide governance support for product life cycle management which will include technology refresh and ensuring adherence to standards
• for products in portfolio
• Assists in planning regional budget and identifying critical budget needs for the region
• Professional Competencies (Must Haves)
• 10+ years of deep technical experience working on IPAM environments
• BS or BA in engineering or computer science, or equivalent experience
• Thorough understanding of DHCP, DNS, IP Addressing and Time Services
• High degree of experience in the day to day configuration and Sr. level troubleshooting of IPAM DHCP, DNS, and DDNS
• Experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting VitalQIP suite of products in a large distributed environment
Experience range: 6-10yrs
10+ years of deep technical experience working on IPAM environments
DNS & DHCP experience
IPAM knowledge of:
o Thorough understanding of VitalQIP
o Creating & modifying DNS zone files manually (forward and reverse zones)
o DNS Anycast
• Time Services knowledge of:
• Work collaboratively with other teams such as LAN, WAN, firewall, Active Directory, Hosting etc.
• Integration of DNS and DHCP in Active Directory environment
• Knowledge of F5 3DNS and GTM a plus
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Strong communication skills
• Experience in gathering and documenting requirements
Work timings: 11am to 8.30pm
Job Location: Hyderabad
Learn more about this role
Located in a city with a unique blend of heritage and contemporary culture, we enjoy upscale shopping and restaurants, a vibrant nightlife and the iconic Charminar monument.