At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Make a difference where it counts by joining our industry-leading wealth management team at Bank of America and Merrill. We’re looking for the next generation of financial advisors—those with a passion for people and drive to make clients’ financial lives better. Going beyond investment strategies, you’ll advise and guide clients on how to achieve their financial goals. Additionally, you’ll be equipped with the expertise to support them with personal investing tools and resources.
The Merrill Financial Solutions Advisor (FSA) Program will help provide you with the necessary training and guidance through a defined path to become the financial advisor you want to be. From marketing yourself to managing your own practice, we’ll prepare you with everything you need as you develop within your role. The Merrill FSA role provides experienced advisors the opportunity to pursue a career within Merrill Wealth Management. Located in a Merrill branch, you’ll partner with Merrill financial advisors to prospect new business and enhance existing relationships.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
We’ll help you
• Get training and one-on-one mentorship from managers who are invested in your success. You’ll enroll in our Academy to develop as an advisor; the potential for growth is yours!
• Build connections to grow your network and business. Starting at a Merrill branch, you’ll interact with Merrill financial advisors, institutional retirement participants and higher net worth clients.
• Provide end-to-end comprehensive advice. Deliver client reviews/presentations with confidence, including reviews of financial goals, and recommend strategies to help clients achieve their financial goals.
• Learn about the full suite of financial solutions. Connect clients to all of the solutions we provide, including core Banking, Investment & Life Priority™ solutions, through Bank of America and Merrill to meet their financial needs.
As a Merrill FSA, you can look forward to
• A strong referral network from across the business to increase opportunities for client acquisition and provide access to partners who are specialists in their field.
• Robust marketing strategies to reach wider audiences with greater appeal.
• Ongoing professional development to deepen your skills and optimize your practice as the industry evolves.
• Unlimited potential for professional growth.
• Leadership opportunities, including leading client and conference seminars and mentoring junior associates.
We’re a culture that
• Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
• Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
• Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
• Currently holds Series 7 & 66 (63 & 65 in lieu of 66) licenses. If you do not hold the Series 66 currently but have either a Series 63 or 65, an offer can be extended with the condition that you receive a passing score for the Series 66 within 60 days.
• Has at least one year experience in the investments industry, including investment training and in-depth knowledge of investment products and services.
• Has at least one year experience working in the financial service industry and/or a sales environment where goals were met or exceeded.
• Is a self-starter who efficiently manages time and capacity.
• Sets and accomplishes goals, achieving whatever you put your mind to.
• Builds and nurtures strong relationships.
• Collaborates effectively with others to get things done.
• Communicates effectively and confidently and is comfortable engaging all clients.
• Manages goals, navigates complexity, prioritizes tasks and executes in a fast-paced environment.
• Likes to learn, adapts to new information and seeks the right solutions for clients.
• Is thorough and thoughtful in incorporating relevant regulatory due diligence into daily activities and long-term strategies for clients.
• Proven ability to convert outbound calls and foster partnerships that promote lead generation.
• Experience balancing investment management, sales activities and new client development.
• Strong computer skills and the ability to multitask in a demanding environment.
• A bachelor’s degree, preferably in business-related field.
• Additional years of experience in the financial service industry will be beneficial to you in this role and are desirable.
• Achieved additional professional designations such as Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and/or Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC).
• Obtained your insurance licenses.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role