Perform all underwriting tasks for commercial loan requests to high net worth clients of Global Wealth and Investment Management, which includes Private Bank and Merrill Lynch.
The position includes provision of structuring advice to sales teams and credit partners, completion of customized credit approval packages, pricing models, approval memos and other standard documents, and management of the documentation process to ensure on-time loan booking.
The ideal candidate can analyze commercial risks and identify mitigants, recommend risk ratings, exposure strategies, credit structures and sponsor recommendations through the approval process. This role interfaces with client teams, risk, structured credit, servicing and legal partners to support the timely delivery of the credit process to our market partners and clients.
Primary duties include underwriting and obtaining credit approval for commercial loan products to clients of Global Wealth and Investment Management.
• Candidate must be able to underwrite and prepare written loan approvals
• Experience in small business or commercial loan underwriting preferred
• Must be familiar with commercial lending products (yacht, commercial real estate, fine art, hedge funds and unsecured lending)
• Analyzing and spreading personal financial information and tax returns and evaluating debt capacity
• Negotiating loan structure, covenants and loan documentation according to creditworthiness, collateral and risk appetite
• Commissioning and analyzing due diligence including personal, legal and collateral-dependent
• Managing multiple deals simultaneously and different constituents depending on deal stage
Enterprise Role Overview:
Extends credit to and monitors loan portfolios of Private Banking & Merrill Lynch clients. Works closely with relationship managers in structuring loans to meet the clients’ requirements or in reviewing credit standards. Typically works on smaller or less complicated loan or credit product transactions and under guidance of management or senior staff. Possesses some loan approval authority.
• College degree preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or economics preferred
• Strong financial analysis, accounting and credit skills
• 2 to 5 years of commercial credit experience
• Strong negotiation skills
• Clear and concise communication skills. Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build business partnerships with risk, services and client teams who may not be co-located
• Highly prefer a candidate who is commercially credit trained
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role
Located in the heart of the Queen City, we enjoy football games and events at Bank of America Stadium, expansive parks and greenways and a thriving uptown nightlife and arts scene.