Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs s well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Responsible for day to day supervision for a small team of associates; provides coaching and input into the performance management process. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Capital Markets.
Wholesale Credit Banking Technology:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Technology Lead for big data with Hadoop, Exadata, Data Science and Analytics focus for global banking business to support enterprise risk, finance and regulatory and line of business reporting/business intelligence. The successful candidate with work closely with Project/Program Managers, Analysts, Quality Assurance, Production Support teams and business partners.
- Design and Architect Hadoop, Exadata and other data and processing technology solutions
- Participate in Agile development on a large Hadoop-based data platform as a team lead of a distributed team.
- Lead the design and coding programs to load data from diverse data sources into Hive structures using Spark/SQOOP and other tools
- Data modeling and creation of type 2 dimensional data mart creation
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design.
- Analyze vast data stores.
- Code business logic using Scala on Apache Spark.
- Create workflows using Oozie.
- Code and test prototypes.
- Code to existing frameworks where applicable.
- 10+ year of technology experience preferably in Financial Services/Banking space
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience leading the design and coding programs to load data from diverse data sources into Hive structures using Spark/SQOOP and other tools
- Experience with data modeling and creation of type 2 dimensional data mart creation
- Ability to translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design.
- Led large projects with vast amounts of data processing
- Strong hands on experience with relational databases, Hadoop will be a plus
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Experience working with senior business and technology leaders
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role