This is a EXCELLENT opportunity to join the Bank of America Global Technology & Operations Team as key agile team liaison across businesses units, other agile teams, and the program team. The incumbent will contribute to the successful implementation of assigned features by ensuring that all the required elements are appropriately understood, documented, owned, and actioned by the team. Responsibilities will include...
- Working with business units to analyze processes, functions, and procedures to determine the most effective business solutions to meet the needs of the business objectives
- Partnering with Business Partners and application SMEs to identify and mitigate risk and execute upon end to end technology development to deliver solutions
- Managing to timelines and communicates feature status and has matrix management responsibility
- Attending weekly scrum of scrum, quarterly program iteration planning, and inspect and adapt
- Partnering with the agile team to help facilitate sprint events (stand up, planning, demo, and retrospective.
- Applying technical/business knowledge in determining end to end design requirements for large initiatives involving line of business and agile teams
- Work closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and designs are translated accurately into working stories and that test plans and scripts serve customer needs
- Work under minimal supervision on line of business projects requiring creative solutions
- Must have 3-5 years of experience as an Agile leader (Scrum Master preferred)
- CSM certification or Safe Agilest 3.0/4.0
- Strong experience with Version1 or Rally
- Expert in MS Visio/Office Suite & process mapping
- Previous experience in the financial services field, preferably within the treasury or trade products.
Preferred Educational Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Information/Computer Science or business-related field
- Excellent analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application requirements
- Excellent relationship management, communication, teamwork, and influence skills; ability to operate at senior levels in both written and verbal communications interacting professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Highly versed in various SDLC methodologies
- Moderate SQL skills
- Strongly detail oriented, organized, and analytical
-Self-motivated and can work independently as well as in a team environment
-Proficient with MS Office applications: Excel, MS Project, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint
Bank of America:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role