Head of the Markets Application Production Services (MAPS) Equities Electronic Support team in AMRS with extended global responsibilities, responsible for a team of 50+ resources.
"The role is fully responsible for managing the provision of application and technology support to the Global Markets Equities Electronic business in AMRS with extended responsibilities globally, managing any major incidents, defining staff strategy, facing off to senior business management, coordinating stability programs and strategic process improvements. Additionally the role will closely work with onshore and offshore groups worldwide to continue to operate and improve on global support model.
This is a high-profile role working in a fast paced environment requiring individual with flexibility, acumen and the ability to assimilate information quickly, with focus on Incident and Problem Management. This is a critical role requiring a highly motivated and dedicated individual who can provide procedural and technical support to the regional team in AMRS and the global teams in APAC and EMEA.
The role provides an opportunity to gain a good understanding of several business and technology areas. The depth and breadth of the support offered by this team makes it an excellent environment in which to learn.
Responsible for developing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as maintain corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Employees are expected to have in-depth global markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Coordinates resources across various applications, operations or projects. Manages employees and makes all decisions on personnel actions including staffing, performance management and comp decision-making. Monitors progress and adjusts resources and priorities accordingly. Typically requires 10+ years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for employees supporting Global Markets.
- 10+ Years overall technology experience, with at least 5 in Equities Electronic Production Support management in a Front Office environment
- Proven track record of managing successful teams
- Application Support experience
- Knowledge of Global Markets Equities Electronics and the mainstream products in use.
- Strong technical knowledge: Unix/Linux; Database (Sybase/SQL/Oracle), Perl, Shell scripting, Infrastructure.
- Experience in Monitoring & Alerting, and Job Scheduling systems.
- Advanced Market Data troubleshooting experience
- ITIL understanding
- Confidence when dealing with the internal Sales & Trading workforce
- Ability to investigate and resolve day to day issues
- Client relationship/service management experience
- Leadership and people management skills
- Proactive, able to multi-task and work on own initiative
- Able to work in a high pressure environment
- Strong time management skills
- Understanding the needs, requirements and the pressures the users are under
- Able to prioritise continually to ensure that service levels are adhered to
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Problem solving skills both technical and business related.
- Ability to use initiative on a day to day basis, and not be reliant on procedures
"- Experience with Splunk and AppDynamics in an operational role
- Development experience in Equities Electronics"
Technology Infrastructure Organization:
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role