About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Bank of America is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Global Commercial Banking (GCB) clients generally include Middle Market companies, Commercial Real Estate firms, auto dealerships, sports leagues, teams and stadiums, healthcare, education and not-for-profit companies in North America. GCB is one of the largest commercial banks in the U.S., serving more than 9,000 clients, that is one in three U.S. companies with revenues of $50 million to more than $2 billion
GCB is organized by industry and geography, to deliver both local coverage and industry expertise. Our unique client coverage model and close partnerships with other businesses in Global Banking & Markets plus Global Wealth & Investment Management and Consumer Banking and Small Business, enable our commercial client teams to seamlessly deliver all of the company’s capabilities as integrated solutions.
GCB includes the following segments :
- Middle Market Banking
- Healthcare, Education & Not For Profit (HENFP)
- Commercial Real Estate Banking
GCB International supports the corporate banking needs of our clients as they grow outside their home market.
The Banker will manage client relationships, grow portfolio revenues and will be accountable for client satisfaction, creating solutions for the Thailand based subsidiaries of GCB clients headquartered in North America.
The role will focus on cross-selling all of the Bank’s commercial banking products including Credit, ABL, Leasing, Vendor Finance, Supply Chain Finance, Trade Finance, Cash and Liquidity Management, FX, Rates and Commodities.
The GCB Banker is expected to:
- Develop and grow the assigned client relationships through coordination of regular client planning, actively prospecting and working closely with GCB Global & Regional client teams and product partners.
- Assess clients’ needs and work with product specialists to structure appropriate product solutions. Demonstrate to the clients a full understanding of their needs.
- Drive a primary product set which includes credit & risk management, FICC, cash management and trade solutions, debt capital raising, leasing, investment and treasury products. Lead product partners to participate in business development and sales calls for marketing of the Bank’s capabilities in market.
- Monitor P&L performance of the portfolio assigned, show full accountability, demonstrating ownership and managing client relationships accordingly.
- Co. Collaborate with and seek ongoing guidance, support & knowledge from the senior Regional bankers.
- Demonstrate a value-add to the international client base, combining strong local market knowledge with a detailed understanding of their challenges and opportunities.
- Work with in-country / regional / global banking and credit teams to manage credit exposure, capital commitments & relationship returns. Liaise with Risk & Wholesale Credit partners to manage credit risk of the client portfolio with control and oversight on operational and compliance risk;
- Be the escalation point for nominated clients in the local market, proactively solving issues, escalating appropriately to the business heads in market as well as the GCB head in region.
- Help establish and strengthen the Bank’s presence and profile in the local market as a credible business partner and financial advisor.
- Be an active stakeholder in the development of the GCB Asia business, generating ideas, taking ownership and demonstrating leadership as a banker.
- Be an active risk manager and ensure the Bank’s activities are conducted in a compliant and risk free manner.
- Excellent business origination and closing skills, relevant client management experience (min. 7 years)
- Strong knowledge of the industry/market practices/trends and subsidiary banking needs
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand and manage credit and risk. Some formal credit training or experience will be core to this role
- Team player comfortable in virtual teams and with cross-functional interaction
- Good communications, analytical and quantitative skills necessary in a front office role
- Solid understanding of the core foundational products – credit, treasury & foreign exchange
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and collaboratively across the matrix and establish a robust internal/ external network
- Passion and desire to work with Commercial banking clients. Existing experience in this client set would be a plus
- Hands on proficiency in MS Office products
Skills / Qualifications
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills are required.
- Must be fluent in English and Thai.
- Meticulous attention to detail, diligence and conscientiousness.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Some level of foundational credit training and experience. Ability to understand financing needs & match client needs with the most appropriate product / service.
- Strong educational qualifications.
Bank of America is an equal opportunities employer.
Learn more about this role