Responsible for developing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as maintain corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Employees are expected to have in-depth global markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Coordinates resources across various applications, operations or projects. Manages employees and makes all decisions on personnel actions including staffing, performance management and comp decision-making. Monitors progress and adjusts resources and priorities accordingly. Typically requires 10+ years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for employees supporting Global Markets.
Platform Engineering Lead
The Data Science and AI Platform Lead, a critical role in the Global Banking and Markets Data Science and AI team, is responsible for design, implementation, and ongoing support of the Data Science/ AI GBAM Platform. This involves managing designing and building out the platform, production services, applications, model deployment and platform components that comprise our backend. In this role you have the opportunity to leverage your technical skills in systems management, software development, platform engineering and database skills to provide best- practices and guidance to the new platform we are launching. This management position is a highly visible role and will require frequent communication with tech and LOB senior management. The role will be responsible to develop, shape and drive out the platform road map.
• Work closely with Line of Business requirements to design and implement a scalable and high performance multi tenant Data Science and AI Hadoop platform.
• Lead the sprint planning and prioritization of tasks
• Design and drive the operationalization of Data Science and AI models and advanced analytics through the MDLC (ModelDevelopment Life Cycle) framework.
• Drive automation of application and model deployment for production and pre-release environments.
• Implement governance and control framework on the platform in adherence to the firm’s AI policy and model/ analytics deployment procedures.
• Manage and optimize the tools (Data Robot, Tableau etc.) availableon the platform. Design, implement and manage Horizon integration
• Design and implement a robust security and access control framework.
• Define platform monitoring requirements and implement automated incident resolution solutions. Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot simple and complex issues in order to provide outstanding support for the user community
• Ensure all necessary operational processes and procedures are carried out with a high level of attention to detail, expediency and on- time delivery.
• Define and document standard run books and operating procedures. Create and maintain system information and architecture diagrams.
• Monitor various systems capacity and health indicators and trends; provide analytics & forecasts for added or reduced capacity as required.
• Grow the platform engineering team by hiring and developing the existing team
• Must have significant experience in building a multigenerational scalable platform. Experience with Cloudera/ Hadoop ecosystem in a stack build out is highly desirable
• Must have significant experience in managing highly technical teams.
• Hands-on - completes tasks quickly and thoroughly, follows-through and is highly dependable.
• Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast paced, high growth environment. Exhibits end to end ownership of projects and tasks assigned
• Extensive software design and architecture skills
• Excellent organizational skills required to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment
• Disciplined approach to documentation, testing and quality assurance
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Strong team player with the ability to forge relationships at all levels of the Bank
• Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal.
Bank of America's Global Banking and Markets Technology Organization....
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role