Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a non-bank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
The Global Middle Office seeks to provide first-class support service to its various internal clients with a particular focus on the relationship between trading risk positions. The Trade Control teams are split in varied locations across New York, London, Chester, Singapore, Charlotte and India. The primary internal clients will be Front Office and Middle Office; however there will interaction with Front Office traders can occur over time as additional processes are transitioned. The primary responsibility is to ensure, issues arising with a trade either at execution, expiry or throughout the lifecycle of the trade are escalated and resolved on T+0/T+1.
Trade support is responsible for tracking the trade flow and making sure that there is an element of risk management and control. This team identifies errors and raises them to the desk. Verify accuracy of risk and P&L required for trading. Oversee end to end reconciliations of firm positions and trade bookings. Partner with other FO/MO and BO teams globally to resolve issues. Active participation in new business initiatives and large scale system transformation and migrations projects.
The incumbent in this role will lead the Trade Control team of Specialists in India in Gurgaon for Global Credit and Novations.
- The candidate needs to have a strong understanding of the Trade Life cycle with adequate experience in Trade and Product Control processes
- Ensures that trade support is OCC compliant by ensuring team processes and procedures are up to date, accurate and evolving.
- Develops and implements new processes, systems and participates in strategic planning. Continually reviews roles and responsibilities with Understanding of regulatory and operational risk associated with core processes that forms part of Trade control operations
- Strong Products knowledge of Credit and Rates
- Ability to manage, coach and mentor large teams comprising of SMEs, the candidate will be expected to understand and challenge team procedures to continually improve and build our operating model
- Deliver best practice operating model
- Responsible for budget/expense management, reporting and forecasting for operations areas managed.
- Responsible for staffing, performance management, talent management and compensation decision making.
- Ensuring timely delivery of MO/FO critical reports to various stake holders
- Should possess a beginner’s mind set and analytical ability of evolving processes
- Requires thorough knowledge of multiple product areas, in depth product experience & knowledge of financial instruments accounting and transaction lifecycle.
- Education* Post Graduate - Ideally Chartered Accountant or MBA Finance
- Experience Range* Overall experience of 12+ years with 6+ years of experience in Trade Support function within an Investment Banking or Buy Side environment.
- Strong communication & negotiation skills across all levels of seniority including especially with the Trading desk
- Ability to work autonomously and deliver results in a high pressured environment
- Logical approach to problem solving and ability to priorities multiple tasks
- Proven analytical skills including data reconciliation and interpretation
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with an ability to notice minor discrepancies / issues
- Ability to identify and deliver process improvements
- Relationship management skills
- Stakeholder management
- Structured and logical thinker
- Strong assertiveness, listening, influencing and diplomacy skills.
- Project Management, Six Sigma knowledge
- Focuses strategies on delivering superior value to clients
- Translates strategies into plans that can be effectively executed
- Anticipates risks and obstacles and devises plans to manage them
- Pursues aggressive goals and continuously raises performance expectations to achieve excellence
- Appreciates the cost impact of actions and is commercial in decision making
- Promotes continuous learning and development
- Encourages and listens to the contributions of others in order to reach the right decision
- Makes sure there is a frank and open exchange of ideas among team members
- Makes decisions based on what is good for the whole organization, not just his/her business unit
- Takes personal ownership for delivering superior services to clients
- Makes tough decisions when they are needed and acts quickly in getting things done
- Demonstrates the courage to express or defend unpopular decisions
- Maintains a constructive, positive outlook even when plans are thwarted
- Manages own time well, agreeing priorities. Multi-tasks effectively, work well under pressure and meets tight and changing deadlines.
- Organizes and runs effective meetings and workshops
- Communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, at all levels within the organization
Shift : 4.30 pm to 1.30 am
Learn more about this role