The Portfolio Manager Associate is charged with assisting a team of Portfolio Managers in providing integrated investment advice and portfolio management services to high net worth clients. A team player with excellent communication skills, computer proficiency and high level of professionalism. Must have an undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent.
- Create asset allocation studies utilizing data collected in the client profiling process; verify/test assumptions and constraints; confirm findings through iterative ratification process with the PM.
- Ensure knowledge of entire investment solution suite; recommend investment solutions to PM for client use based upon clients' needs and constraints.
- Monitor/facilitate account set up resulting in error free account set up process; ensure timely account set up and investment of funds.
- Re-balance portfolio due to liquidity needs, bond maturities, excess cash, buy/sell implementation, tax loss harvesting, investment recommendation implementation - deployment of cash liquidation of positions.
- Handle trade order entry for portfolio transactions, and administration of custody account trades and performance.
- Reg. 9 meeting preparation, review exceptions and recommend strategy to resolve exceptions.
- Prepare meeting materials; generate research materials - proprietary, economic commentary and Bloomberg etc. as needed for client and prospect meetings.
- Respond to client requests when PMs are out of office.
- Team with Portfolio Management Assistant(s) to ensure consistent support for the PM team.
- 2+ years of investment experience in a client facing role
- A team player with excellent communication skills, computer proficiency and high level of professionalism.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, with advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint a strong plus.
- Strong organizational skills and initiative with systematic follow-up.
- Must have an undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent; capable and committed to pursuing CPA, CFP, CFA and or MBA.
- Knowledge of the First Rate, Portview, Reg 9 and PACE technology systems.
- Bloomberg and/or Morningstar experience
Private Bank, Bank of America Private Wealth Management is a leading private wealth management organization providing vast resources and customized solutions to help meet clients' wealth structuring, investment management, banking and credit needs. Clients are served by teams of experienced advisors offering a range of financial products and services, including investment management, financial and succession planning, philanthropic and specialty asset management, family office services, custom credit solutions, financial administration and family trust stewardship.
Private Bank is part of the Global Wealth and Investment Management unit of Bank of America, N.A., which is a global leader in wealth management, private banking and retail brokerage. Private Bank employs more than 4,100 professionals and maintains 135 offices in 33 states.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role