Line of Business Role Description
The team lead will be responsible for assisting the team manager with a team of 15-25 associates (or may assist multiple team managers) that handle technical support and hardware/software troubleshooting inquiries and problems via various contacts methods: telephone, email, chat, or fax. Provides direction and guidance to less experienced team members. Recognizes and recommends areas needing improvement. May assist in scheduling and coordinating team activities. Handles escalated customer calls, including complicated transactions, and assisting less experienced associates with issue resolution. May handle general customer queue calls as necessitated by business need. May assist with coaching and development across multiple teams. Typically requires 1 to 3 years of experience, and some experience as a senior level representative.
- Entry level Operations Supervisory position. Reports to a Team Manager or Operations Manager.
- Individual Contributor that directs a small unit or section of the company's internal operations activities.
- Responsibilities focus on the day to day resolution of problems and execution of transactions within specific operations units requiring immediate and frequent involvement with unit activities, e.g., reviewing and authorizing General Ledger entries, approving exception processing, etc.
- Reviews operations procedures and implements changes and ensures the enforcement and adherence to operations procedures.
- Provides guidance to staff and may handle exception items or unusual situations, referring more complex problems to a senior level manager.
- Requires basic operations knowledge with work experience in a specific product line. More than 50% of time is spent doing actual production work.
- May provide input into key people decisions (i.e. Salary Planning, Performance management, hiring/firing, etc.).
- Typically has 1-2 years Operations experience with no prior management experience.
- May act as shift supervisor (or senior associate in charge) during hours where manager is not available
- Handles most complex issues received (escalated client issues)
- Had higher degree of empowerment & may be responsible for approving refunds, conducting audits/approvals on key activities, etc.
- Provides on the floor coaching and guidance to associates on difficult client issues
- No direct reports, but considered a key role for future management development (succession planning)
- Acts as SME for development of procedures, testing, etc
- 3-5 years of experience in Credit Card/Merchant Services industry experience preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in an Inbound Call Center atmosphere preferred
- 1-2 years of experience troubleshooting Hardware or Software applications
- Experience in coaching and leadership
- Experience in operations roles
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a team based environment and the ability to motivate and empower employees.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% to bank sites including vendor locations.
- Strong technical troubleshooting Help Desk experience in a hardware and/or software environment
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners to resolve complex customer escalations
- Ability to solve complex problems through root cause analysis, management by fact and collaboration across a wide population.
- Ability to make swift and sound decisions that demonstrate both strategic and tactical analytical and leadership skills.
- Ability to express ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent presentation skills (building and delivering)
- Strong consensus building ability with effective conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to take initiative and effect change
- Microsoft Office Suite products, including but not limited to Word, Visio, Excel, SharePoint and Project
- Familiarity with relevant call center technology and applications, including but not limited to including Nice, IEX, Aspect, etc.
3rd Shift Role, Must be available to work Monday-Friday with weekend rotation shifts between 9pm-9am. Will work 1st shift during training.
3rd shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role