About Bank of America
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the world
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
This is a new position in APAC within the Securities Core Trading Operations organization as part of the Global Continuous Improvement team. The successful candidate will be required to instill a culture of continuous improvement within APAC Securities Operations and to establish, lead and deliver process improvement activities through discovery, root cause analysis, design and implementation.
-Leverage solutions to partner with internal operations teams and external stakeholders to identify, pilot and recommend potential solutions to resolve process gaps.
- Establish a portfolio of actionable process improvement opportunities that will drive the organization’s financial and non-financial business goals.
- Drive process and root cause analysis to understand source of exceptions, re-engineer and improve the business process
- Lead the execution of process improvement solutions and implement monitoring mechanism to ensure process improvements are sustained over time.
- Develop and leverage mechanisms (including KPIs, Performance Scorecards and Cost Allocations) to assess operational efficiency, performance and articulate benefits of process improvement initiatives back to Operational stakeholders.
- Lead opportunity prioritization discussions with leaders in Securities Operations and Business Partners.
-Utilize analytics (trend analysis, historical analysis, predictive analysis) to lead discussions with teams, identifying performance patterns and opportunities for improvement.
-Train cross functional, multi-site teams in continuous improvement methodologies (including root cause analysis, team problem solving, Lean Six Sigma) and front to back business processes to help embed the Continuous Improvement culture within the organization and empower associates with the tools to self-identify performance gaps, perform root cause analysis and implement quick win solutions. Comfortable to conduct workshops virtually.
-Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
- Be a culture carrier to inculcate an environment of continuous improvement through effective engagement with stakeholders. Utilize tooling in the industry to uplift and empower teams, provide guidance and be seen as a co-driver to help teams achieve process efficiencies and efficacies.
-Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change. Strategic thinker with a proven track record in bringing new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
-Proactive, energetic and enthusiastic about influencing a culture of continuous improvement
-Self-starter, able to drive results from within by connecting with a variety of stakeholders throughout the organization.
-Ability to lead and drive change - experience in managing process improvement initiatives or regulatory mandated projects is an advantage.
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world. Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
-Confident and articulate communicator and influencer with proven presentation skills.
-Proactively builds trusted relationships with key partners.
-Quantitative, analytical and critical thinker with a risk and control mindset.
-Experience with RPA (Robotics Process Automation), Business Intelligence, digitization and digital transformation is an advantage
-Knowledge of process improvement tools and programs such as Lean Six Sigma preferable
-The candidate should demonstrate a firm understanding of financial markets and end to end operational flows within global banking/markets
Learn more about this role
Our office is near favourite Seah Im Food Centre and a short hop to Sentosa—a popular island resort and home of the Merlion, Singapore’s guardian of prosperity.