About Bank of America
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the world
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
APAC Equities Trade Control is responsible for managing the trade capture, reconciliations, lifecycle management, corporate actions and client servicing for the ESSL, ECS and ESS businesses. The products covered are listed and OTC products in equity derivatives across all APAC markets. We are seeking a dynamic team manager who has proven experience in developing and leading a mid-sized team in this fast-paced environment. This role will require the candidate to lead multiple teams within APAC Equities Trade Control and offers an excellent career opportunity for the right candidate. The candidate must possess relevant middle office/ trade support experience in a reputable investment bank. The candidate should demonstrate a firm understanding of equity derivative trading and end to end operational flows. The candidate needs to be process-oriented to drive efficiencies while having a proven track record in effectively managing risk. The candidate needs to be aligned with organizational goals fostering partnership with the business and acting as en effective enabler for our business and our clients. The candidate will also be expected to manage line-contribution towards regulatory projects and other strategic initiatives in addition to running the line. The candidate is also expected be proven team player with people management and leadership skills.
• Lead by example and build teams to establish team as a reliable go-to in providing stellar operational support for our clients and our businesses.
• Establish effective relationships and networks within the organization from front-to-back.
• Exemplify and promote a risk focused culture. Drive teams to reduce operational risk, enhancing control procedures and streamlining processes.
• Drive change where applicable to strengthen processes, enabling accurate capture of P&L and error reduction.
• Anticipate risks and obstacles and taking ownership to manage these challenges.
• Manage ad-hoc projects and liaise with both internal/external counterparts globally.
• Initiate, drive and manage change.
• Manage and mentor team, actively engaging with them through team and individual meetings and the staff performance review process.
• Ability to work in a pressurized, high volume, deadline-driven environment while maintaining operational excellence.
• Control focused with a good understanding of risk, P&L and the impact of errors.
• Able to initiate solutions, take ownership and drive issue remediation.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels
• Able to envisage front-to-back flows with emphasis on ascertaining financial/regulatory impact
• Experience in delivering process improvement and product enhancement.
• Knowledge of financial markets with solid experience in Trade Support in a similar Investment Bank.
• Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
• Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
• Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner
• Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
• Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
• Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
• Degree qualification is essential
• Proficiency in MS Product Suite i.e. Excel, Word
• Bloomberg, Reuters and corporate action processing knowledge preferable
• VBA & SQL programming skills preferable
Learn more about this role
Our office is near favourite Seah Im Food Centre and a short hop to Sentosa—a popular island resort and home of the Merlion, Singapore’s guardian of prosperity.