Proficient to work fairly independently on the most complex projects, and often on multiple phases. Has working knowledge of business or function for which system is designed. Often responsible for the completion of a phase of a project. Provides guidance and checks the work of less experienced associates.
We are seeking a Senior Analyst who is proficient to work fairly independently on the most complex projects, and often on multiple phases. Has working knowledge of business or function for which technical support is needed to diagnose or resolve problems. Often responsible for the completion of a phase of a project. Provides guidance and checks the work of less experienced associates. Typically has 5 years' experience in IT production support or equivalent.
Event Incident Management (EIM) is responsible for providing 24X7 end to end detailed monitoring and support of all infrastructure and application components critical to the Bank of America Customer Facing Platform Technology (CFPT) CTO. This includes monitoring of the network, databases, middleware, backup, storage, application specific and operating system specific components with the goal of proactively identifying and resolving performance issues prior to interruption of services to the customer.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Use of monitoring tools to proactively identify and research potential production incidents.
- Respond to alerts regarding potential production incidents.
- Escalate to advanced support as needed for problem resolution.
- Perform trending and analysis using monitoring tools and reports in order to proactively identify and address potential issues prior to production impact.
- Perform all environment routing, cycling, and implementation of splash pages.
- Partner with Change Operations to support all Change implementations and proactively identify potential issues resulting from the changes.
- Identify opportunities for additional monitoring and automation and partner with Monitoring Architecture and Engineering to implement.
- Develop procedures for trouble shooting and possible resolution of issues.
- Execute procedures reliably and escalate appropriately to solve incidents quickly
- Proven team player who can work comfortably in a multicultural environment.
- Proven ability to work independently, multi task and effectively work in a complex environment with a global team structure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Strong influencer, facilitator, and collaborator.
- Must be pro-active, enthusiastic, flexible, results driven with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Splunk, Introscope, Sitescope, Tivoli Netcool/WebGUI, Gomez
- Experience with Java Virtual Machine, Unix/Linux OS, Windows, MQ, OOS/Webmethods
- Experience in a large IT production support environment
- Basic understanding/exposure to ITIL/ITSM.
- Ability to work in non-contiguous shifts including the potential for weekend days.
- Experience in an Event Incident Management role
Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role