About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Audit Department is accountable to the Audit and Examining Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and our global and local regulators. The Corporate Audit Department audit team provides audit coverage of key corporate functions including global Financial Crimes/Anti-Money Laundering (AML).
We are currently seeking a talented and experienced Senior Auditor / Audit Supervisor with a minimum of 5-8 years of Audit experience, including Financial Crimes (AML and Sanctions) audit, for our Singapore office.
- Deep understanding of AML and Sanctions processes and auditing techniques in the APAC region.
- Responsible for independently executing an audit program designed to independently validate the design and effectiveness of controls to manage risks related to Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Economic Sanctions across the enterprise.
- Candidate will be responsible for understanding the risks and controls across the enterprise and defining a risk based testing approach to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls.
- Raises issues and concerns and makes recommendations for severity ratings. Assesses issues for impact to business processes, controls and strategies, recommends severity ratings and escalation of broad themes or trends.
- Works with team and provides input to draft quality audit reports and supports sharing audit results with business leaders.
- In addition to the audit work, the candidate should have a good understanding of the regulatory landscape in APAC, and experience in handling regulatory interactions is preferred. This role needs attention to detail, and good command of the language to provide cohesive and clear responses to regulatory inquiries.
- Establishes business partner relationships.
- Provides ongoing coaching and feedback to junior team members.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, communication and excellent project management skills are required. Exercises critical thinking and judgment to effectively influence management to improve the control environment.
- Actively supports peers and audit team with development as part of on the job training. Fosters a positive and inclusive work environment.
- AML related Certification (CAMS, AMLP, CFCS) or willingness to achieve within first year
- Candidate will also identify areas where manual testing can be automated and drive out the automation of manual testing processes with the assistance of the Audit Automation team.
- Experienced Senior Auditor / Audit Supervisor with a minimum of 5-8 years of Audit experience, including Financial Crimes (AML and Sanctions) audit
- Intermediate knowledge in the following:
- Compliance Audit Activities – Regulatory compliance and applicable banking regulations
- Auditing core elements of a financial services company’s AML and Sanctions Compliance Program
- Know Your Customers (KYC), OFAC and HMT regulations, Customer Identification Program (CIP)/Customer Due Diligence (CDD)/Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Suspicious Activity Report (SAR), Politically Exposed Person (PEP), Trade Finance, Transaction Monitoring o Information Technology or data experience would be an added advantage.
Learn more about this role