About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Responsible for the strategy, development, delivery and operations of APAC Finance Technology application landscape. The application development portfolio includes internally in-house developed applications as well as integration and configuration of third party applications. The Application Development Manager collaborates with leaders at all levels of the organization and manages a team of Informatica, Java, Oracle, Python developers.
- Leads development team across multiple projects and develops the strategy for project execution
- Manages and gives direction to developers to whom will provide mentoring on methodologies and best practices across development lifecycles
- Directs resource profiling and hiring (resource requirements, resource identification)
- Prioritizes development activities across projects
- Participates in review sessions to ensure systems under development comply with Enterprise and internal standard and policies
- Wotk with project managers on project plans
- Provides updates and status reports to senior management
- Serves as a single point of contact for the client and must be capable of managing initiative-based portfolios in a multi-matrixed environment
- The escalation point for unresolved problems, complaints and complex service requests
- Monitors development taks executions, escalate risks and issues
- Ensures consistent implementation of internal and the Enterprise development standards
- Design APAC Finance Technology development process and standards
- Leads development teams managing day-to-day aspects of regulatory reporting program including project delivery, support, continuous improvement, development, upgrades, and enhancements
- Manage the delivery of Statement of Work (SOW) engagements
- Leads analysis of project problems and issues
- 15+ years of experience including 10+ years leading and managing multi-location application development teams.
- Experience directly managing 3+ teams, 10+employees and oversight of 50+ (employees, contractors consultants).
- Proven background in large scale application development, project delivery, maintenance and support.
- Strong leadership, communication, negotiation, and conflict management skills.
- Track record of leadership and achievement of objectives through team.
- Ability to communicate highly technical information in an understandable manner.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Have worked on multiple programming environments primarily Java, Informatica, Oracle, Python
- Broad understanding of current technology challenges.
- Technology business integration experience.
- Negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Skilled and experienced in strategic thinking and interpersonal skills.
- People management experience - ability to develop talents
- Strong understanding of SDLC and Agile methodology.
Learn more about this role