The Vulnerability Analyst role supports all Vulnerability Management activities by leveraging analytic and technical skills to assess cyber security related risks. As a key team member you will understand and report on risks that impact the organization, and prioritize remediation activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Analyze disclosed vulnerabilities, threat scenarios, and mitigating controls.
• Research and evaluate threats and vulnerabilities to assist in prioritization of remediation actions.
• Review and validate vulnerabilities using available data sources, tools and identifying new data sources as needed.
• Advise stakeholders on appropriate remediation & mitigation solutions.
• Leverage creativity and influence to enhance the Vulnerability & Exposure Analysis program.
Required Job Skills:
• 3+ years experience in Cyber Security
• Experience as a Vulnerability or Threat Analyst
• Understanding of Vulnerability Management principles
• Understanding of Risk Assessment Methodologies
• Knowledge of industry standard scoring models such as CVSS, CCSS
• Knowledge of industry standard data models such as CPE and data normalization tools
• Process oriented with keen attention to detain
• Ability to proactively anticipate problems and execute solutions
• Wide knowledge of application and IT products, interoperability, and extensive knowledge of IT security
• Knowledge of application development platforms
• Strong work ethic and ability to effectively multi-task in a fast paced support environment
• A broad knowledge of information security principles
• Ability to work independently on initiatives with little oversight. Highly motivated and willing to learn
• Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking
• Effective communication skills
• Knowledge of vulnerability attack methods, exploit results, attack chains
• Ability to think strategically and execute against a strategic plan
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• CISSP / CISM / Security+
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role