Retirement & Personal Wealth Solutions (RPWS) serves the core financial needs of individual clients and plan participants by connecting our capabilities across the firm. RPWS is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive set of personal wealth and retirement products and services through Banking, Merrill Edge and Advisory channels. RPWS provides tools and content that enables financial advisors and bankers to help their client’s live better financial lives.
The Employee Benefits Specialist team partners with Banking Relationship Managers (Business, Commercial) to identify benefits sales opportunities and drive growth across Defined Contribution (DC), Defined Benefits (DB), Nonqualified Defined Contribution (NQDC), Equity, and Health Benefits Solutions (HBS) products in a specified geographic region. The team is also aligned to a geographic region of retirement-designated Advisors to drive business development and execution. Specific responsibilities of the Employee Benefits Sales Manager include:
- Lead a team of approximately 15 seasoned sales professionals to identify client engagement opportunities in partnership with Banking Relationship Managers and retirement-designated Advisors and drive sales growth across the Employee Benefits product suite
- Act as a coach and provide strategic and tactical advice to a team of specialists with a focus on the areas of business identification and development, client engagement, and client relationship deepening opportunities
- Encourage collaboration and share nationwide best practices to derive optimal team performance
- Work closely with Banking and Advisory leaders to collaborate on growth opportunities in a tactical manner to best support Banking Relationship Managers and Advisors in client acquisition
- Collaborate with product managers to share insight that will inform key decisions for product strategy and execution
- Leverage various business performance analytics to understand health of the business, inform decisions, steer initiatives and identify opportunities
- Educate external business partners (including both recordkeeping partners and investment firms) about key business priorities to strategically align activities that will generate maximum business value
- Handle escalated issues in an efficient manner that ensures timely resolution
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and take the necessary initiative to work across the organization to best accomplish goals
- Drive accountability to goals and high-value client engagement activities across the specialist team
- Deliver presentations in small and large group settings to communicate business strategy, highlight product features, share best practices, etc.
- Represents Bank of America and the Retirement & Personal Wealth Solutions business at industry conferences
Note: This position can be filled throughout the U.S.; however, the main area of interest resides in West Coast, South Central or Midwest Regions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years Retirement or Employee Benefits industry experience
- Experience in a managerial or team lead capacity
- Extensive experience working with Financial Advisors and/or Business and Commercial Banking teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable delivering presentations to large audiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses (unlicensed candidates may be considered if willing to obtain licenses within 120 days of start date)
- Industry designations, such as: C(k)P, CPFA, CRPC, CRPS
- Experience selling/servicing Retirement and/or Employee Benefits plans
- Experience with managing activities and pipeline in a CRM tool (experience with Salesforce.com is preferred)
Responsible for a specific sales activity within assigned region or market for middle market clients. Contributes to the formation of sales strategies and tailors those strategies for penetration in assigned market. Partners with trading, other product areas and client management to structure and/or deliver full range of product capabilities to the client. Actively participates in the development of account relationships while providing support, development, and direction to sales associates. Sets goals, measures performance and assigns accounts.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role