Participates and assists more senior architects in the design, development and implementation of architectural deliverables, to include components of the assessment and optimization of system design and review of user requirements. Contributes to the determination of technical and operational feasibility of solutions. May be called upon to develop prototypes of the system design and work with database, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout development and implementation processes. Serves as a technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but may influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. May provide input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 5 or more years of architecture experience.
The Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Knows diversity is broader than gender, race and origin.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
As a Cloud Solutions Architect I, you will use your knowledge and experience to help drive Office 365 product delivery and technology direction for Cloud Services. We are looking for a person who has the right mindset to be a part of an elite team of architects focused on making our businesses successful. You must possess a unique blend of technical and customer facing skills and be an out-of-the-box thinker. You’ll be directly engaging with all stakeholders - security, compliance, data, user experience, business, engineering, governance.
- Assists with the development of cloud design standards related to the Microsoft Office 365 and Azure
- Overall design of Microsoft Office 365 architecture across our global business partners
- Drives definition and standards required to operationalize cloud services
- Translates high-level service design from service and project management into low-level component designs
- Develops and documents the low-level design specifications for adds/changes/deletes of services and related components
- Ensures publication and communication of cloud architecture blueprints
- Supports project teams during the service design and transition phases
- Helps lead technical design sessions for Microsoft cloud related projects
- Takes a leadership role in shaping service design direction
- Partners and mentors other architects and consultants to share your knowledge and experience
- Works with service and product managers to identify / document service requirements
- Ensures designs produced adhere to architectural roadmaps and supports the development, execution, and operation of service
- Participates in peer review and sign off on detailed designs with project / executive sponsorship
- Provides oversight over Permit to Define (PTD), Permit to Build (PTB) and Permit to Operate (PTO) activities and coordinates acceptance activities
- Drives cloud service designs and outcomes that are globally available, secure and reliable to our customers
Required Job Skills:
- 10+ years relevant industry experience; 2+ years in a financial, health or insurance industry
- 5+ years of extensive experience and technical knowledge of Microsoft cloud technologies
- Broad understanding of core Microsoft cloud technologies and services, including: Azure IaaS and Office 365, and core Microsoft technologies, including Active Directory, Exchange and Windows Server. Mastery of one or more of the following: Azure Event Hub, Azure Insights, Azure Key Vaults, Splunk, EMS/Intune, System Center (SCCM, SCOM, SCSM), and SQL.
- An insatiable curiosity to learn more about new Microsoft technologies and our customer’s business
- Advanced business acumen with the ability to understand the ins and outs of our customer’s challenges
- Experience implementing services for large enterprises for Microsoft Azure and Office 365 services.
- Demonstrated excellence at presenting complex technical topics to both executive, technical and business personnel.
- Exceptional communication and personal skills, both written, verbal and while presenting to groups, including C-level executives
- Proven ability to mentor and train junior level architects
- Solid understanding of the commercial IT market for hardware and software
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-managed and motivated individual with strong leadership skill
Desired Job Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and/or extensive experience (typically 10+ years) in a Technology related field.
- ITIL Certified
- Ability to innovate with a history of new or improved technology solutions with remarkable impact on company productivity.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within function and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Additional Competencies:
- OATH App Configuration
- Advanced PowerShell Commands
- JSON Config Files
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role