As a Bank of America Mortgage Underwriter you will be responsible for but not limited to the underwriting of residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company and secondary market investor standards. A Mortgage Underwriter will be responsible for examining loan documentations for accuracy and completeness while working with loan originator or production staff to secure all required documents. You may be required to work with more senior mortgage underwriters on loan exceptions having the authority to withdraw and decline loans. Mortgage Underwriters may be involved in one or several types of mortgage lending (conventional, government-backed, etc.) You may also be required to respond directly to individual and investor audits. This job code includes all levels of underwriting authority and exception levels.
<Home Loans Fulfillment ONLY>
- Strong analytical skills.
- 5 years previous manual Mortgage Underwriting experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of credit and an ability to review complex financial documents.
- Ability to assess an individual's creditworthiness while adhering to all regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Ability to make credit recommendations.
- Commitment to teamwork.
- Ability to meet production, quality and service standards along with providing direct coaching and feedback to ensure quality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment, while practicing sound lending judgment.
- FHA and VA underwriting experience with DE and SAR.
- Customer contact experience & customer focused.
- Computer & typing skills, with knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Self starter, positive attitude & ability to multi-task.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role