About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Foreign Exchange Options trading desk in Hong Kong is seeking an Analyst/Associate hire to join the team as a junior option trader. This role requires a detailed understanding of trading strategies whilst working within clearly defined risk parameters. Prior option trading experience in currencies is preferred and candidates with experience in both emerging and developed markets will be considered. Candidates are expected to adapt quickly to the firm’s pricing and risk systems and demonstrate attention to detail. Based in Hong Kong but also working alongside a global team, this role requires a capable individual who displays strong team work but also a strong sense of ownership in the business.
- This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment.
- You will cover interbank counterparties as well as institutional accounts dealing directly with the firm. You need to own the entire trading process of volatility curve management, option pricing and risk management, including trade life cycle events. You are responsible for both voice and electronic pricing of products under your mandate. You will support and manage all aspects of the trading desk including: pre-trade checks (credit, regulatory and risk limits as applicable), trade booking and end of day position reconciliations, coordination with back office to resolve ad hoc trade issues as well as P&L calculation, explanation, reporting and reconciliation with middle office.
- Provide a meaningful contribution to revenue and client franchise; Exploit revenue and minimize loss potential.
- Partner with sales to building BofA franchise by growing our market share; develop client relationships by connecting with clients and increasing wallet share. Empower sales by providing meaningful market commentary and a stream of attractive trade ideas and axes.
- Understand drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degree of competence with clients around executing trades
- Maintain strong network with other internal trading desks and build cross synergies to improve risk management and profitability
- Know the implications of events on the entire trading desk, anticipate market outcomes and provide optimal hedging strategies for each scenario
- Exhibit sound judgment under pressure and maintain composure through challenging trading environments
- Engage other traders within the group in active dialogue; Provide a sounding board and drive development of each individual into a stronger trader; Coach and mentor junior traders
- Leverage technology and analytics to drive pricing/hedging as well as idea generation
- Drive development of new technology to improve and enhance current pricing, risk management and trade analytic systems
- Ability to understand differences in volatility regimes and liquidity for different currency pairs
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and technical skill set related to the product
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of the various market developments and their impacts on various derivative product pricing
- Ability to design optimal hedging strategies for managing risk inventory from client trades
- Ability to discuss in detail your knowledge of the current market (including trends)
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of the entire landscape: knowledge of the overall rates and FX environment and the role of various participants in this ecosystem. Know what products client require in various market environments and leverage that knowledge to deliver value to the client and profitability to the firm.
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able sell this in a cogent fashion to client either in person or via written communication
- Ability to talk in detail your understanding of how to build a strong talent pipeline; identifies and works to retain strong performers.
- English fluency is essential
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Learn more about this role