Responsible for management of issues and risks within the Global Banking and Markets Technology (GBAM Tech) Division. This will be done by effectively implementing GT&Os governance routines, and requirements, using established tools and documented procedures. Provide analytical support in executing internal control discipline and operational excellence within a LOB/ECF. Gather and organize data in order to monitor and test the effectiveness of key controls and status of mitigation and action plans. Prepare documentation for the tracking, monitoring, and escalation of risk related issues to management. Acts as an ambassador of the risk culture. Incumbents typically have over 5+ years of risk management and/or LOB/ECF experience.
Detailed Job Requirements:
- Collaborate with GBAM Technology / Enterprise Risk & Finance Technology divisions, Risk Leads, and process owners to:
- Monitor and assess technology-related related control gaps; align to control framework elements; identify and remediate related control gaps or weaknesses; and manage remediation tracking activities.
- Respond to Audits, Exams, Inquiries, Monitoring, Testing, and other control assessments. This includes interacting with Second Line of Defense (Compliance & Operational Risk) as well as Third Line of Defense (Corporate Audit).
- Document, debate, and manage the performance of risks, issues, losses, policy exceptions, and other potential control gaps that are essential to managing operational standards and compliance to applicable policies, laws and regulations;
- Assist business and process owners with assessing compliance to control requirements, self-assessing technology control design and performance, and inspecting evidence of control design and operation. Assess the adequacy of controls and their ongoing effectiveness.
- Coordinate or collaborate on weekly and monthly meetings, reports and monitoring of control performance, tracking and reporting compliance to required timeliness standards, and related risk management routines. Create management and executive risk reporting.
- Manage cross functional projects by driving communication and coordination across multiple divisions to ensure the timely completion of objectives and the seamless execution of project plans.
- Provide guidance and coaching to partners on the usage of risk tools and processes (ORCIT, RCSA, etc).
- Identify opportunities for enhancing or streamlining execution of risk management processes; partner across multiple divisions to execute.
- Foster the Identify, Escalate, Debate risk culture.
- Lead and/or coordinate special projects, as requested by management.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Excellent communication skills, including presenting results of control assessments or control gaps to a broad audience for discussion and debate.
- Minimum 3 years technology experience required. Experience in Markets technology or Institutional / Corp Investment technology strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years technology risk and control experience required. Technology Audit experience preferred.
The strongest candidates will have a love for investigating, analyzing and problem solving; great partnership and communication skills; and ability to understand the details, as well as synthesize them into meaningful recommendations, conclusions, and management reporting.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role