The Compliance and Operational Risk (C&OR)Manager is responsible for engaging in activities to provide independent compliance and operational risk oversight of Front Line Unit (“FLU”) and Control Function (“CF”) performance and any related third party/vendor relationships in alignment with the Global Compliance Enterprise Policy, the Operational Risk Enterprise Policy (collectively “the Policies”) and the Compliance and Operational Risk Management (“CORM”) Program and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). As a member of an FLU or CF C&OR officer team, the C&OR Manager demonstrates and applies business acumen to promote a culture of risk management and the identification, escalation and timely mitigation of compliance and operational risks. This role exercises judgment and influence, and may constructively challenge FLU and CF leaders to support the CORM Program objectives, balancing business strategy with appropriate controls.
The Compliance and Operational Risk Manager will be responsible for assisting in the development and oversight of Payments Compliance and Risk coverage. This role will be responsible for assisting in providing an enterprise view of payments risk management to multiple stakeholders across Global Compliance and Operational Risk and Front Line Units with Payment management responsibilities. This role will also help identify and analyze existing Compliance and Operational Risk cover, and adherence to the 13 requirements outlined in the Global Compliance and Operational Risk Enterprise Policies. Additionally, this individual will work with partners across Compliance and Operational Risk to oversee consistent execution of second line coverage for payments risk. This role would also engage with FLU Executives across product, strategy, and operations functions, as well as with external regulators.
The Compliance and Operational Risk Manager is accountable for, but not limited to the following activities:
Aggregating the Front Line Unit policy/standard owner coverage validate proper implementation of both the Global Payments – Enterprise Policy and underlying Payment Standards.
Leverage the established GCOR regulatory change process to identify, assess & track regulatory changes and develop a comprehensive inventory of key L/R/R or operating requirements impacting Payments.
Collaborate to ensure consistency for Monitoring & Testing coverage required for Payments Risk oversight, including:
Perform Payments related risk assessments and contribute to FLU/CF COR teams’ assessments (as needed) to provide guidance on inherent Payments risks and assist control evaluations.
Assist in establishing Payments related metrics, including Key Risk Indicators and Key Performance Indicates used to identify emerging issues/concerns.
Coordinate comprehensive view of FLU payment processes (PRC) and integrate into BAU processes for review of Key QA activities & results, and provide challenge where necessary.
Escalate Payment related issues, risks, and key matters through State of Compliance and Operational Risk Reports and routines
The C&OR Manager contributes to the requirements in the GCOR Policy aligned to compliance and operational risk officers, including but not limited to the following activities:
• Takes an active leadership role in maintaining and communicating regulatory changes, advising and directing business leaders to ensure that regulatory requirements are addressed in their respective process and controls so that their day-to-day activities operate in a compliant manner.
• Proactively engages other C&OR officers, Enterprise Areas of Coverage (EAC) roles, and horizontal function roles to provide comprehensive oversight of FLU and CF activities.
• Identify, collect, validate and record internal loss events and “near misses.” Perform root cause analyses on internal loss events and develop remediation plans to strengthen controls.
• Identify, review and document relevant external loss events.
• Conduct compliance and operational risk assessments of FLU and CF, incorporating review of external loss events to assess control effectiveness.
• Provides independent review and challenge of the FLU/CF’s Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA).
• Leads the efforts and/or contributes to monitoring and testing coverage plans and related metrics for Front Line Unit (“FLU”) or Control Function (“CF”).
• Monitor and test the effectiveness of the front line unit and control function compliance and operational risk controls.
• Identify aggregate, report and escalate compliance and operational risks, issues and control enhancements.
• Contribute to Scenario Analyses to provide a forward-looking estimate of hypothetical operational losses.
• Executes and/or provides oversight of governance and management routines.
• Identify compliance and operational risk training needs, provide subject matter expertise to support development of training curriculum, and inspect FLU/CF and third party participation.
• Provides consultation to business leaders in preparations for regulatory exams and audits for FLU/CF and related Enterprise Areas of Coverage.
• Inspect that commitments made regarding actions in response to Matters Requiring Attention (“MRAs”) and other actions are completed.
• Escalate regulatory relations concerns to Compliance and Operational Risk Executive.
The Compliance and Operational Risk Manager plans, drives and reviews team deliverables to support consistent quality of activities, processes and outputs. This role may contribute as a manager responsible for providing leadership direction to attract, assess, develop, motivate and retain a team, or may act as an individual contributor.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role