Responsible for the analysis and monitoring of market risks taken within a specific product area. Additional responsibilities include analysis of model risk, analysis and reporting of market risk. The GMR Manager will primarily interface with the trading desk and other risk and support groups (i.e. Compliance, Finance, Operations, etc.). People in this job code will report to the GMR Senior Manager. Incumbents typically have over seven years of experience in market risk management or trading. Product knowledge and trading or quantitative skills are necessary.
* The Market Risk Analyst position requires a thorough understanding of the Equity markets and sales and trading business in order to provide risk management oversight and analysis on the trading risks of the portfolio, business and markets. Product coverage includes Cash Equity/ETF/Portfolio Trading, Index/Single Stock/Corporate Derivatives, Exotics/CPPI, Convertibles, Delta-1/Swap, Structured Financing, Latin America Trading etc.
* The Market Risk Analyst would be expected to establish relationships and work confidently with the trading desk and various support partners, including Legal, Compliance, Middle Office, Operations, Technology, Price-Verification Group, Model Validation, Regulatory Capital, and other Risk Managers within the risk organization, to build their understanding of the business and markets, and enhance our overall risk management capabilities.
* Key responsibilities include reviewing positions against limits, evaluating business proposals to ensure strategies are in line with risk appetite, design and perform scenario analysis on portfolios and collaborate with traders and quants to review model performance and measures and propose improvements to more accurately capture risks.
* Other core responsibilities include real-time monitoring and communication of market events, an understanding of historical market performances, conduct mandated stress testing (CCAR) and participate in regulatory exams.
* BA/BS or equivalent degree from a top university with significant emphasis in finance, economics or quantitative disciplines (a graduate degree in finance or business, or progress toward CFA is a plus)
* Minimum 5 years of experience in related fields such as risk management, front office, and/or finance
* A broad knowledge across financial products and asset classes and an elementary understanding of VaR and its use in the risk management area
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including well-developed presentation skills
* Ability to navigate through large change programs and initiatives
* Ability to adapt to constant changes in the business/regulatory environment
* Exceptionally strong attention-to-detail
* Self-motivated, intellectually curious and enthusiastic
* Collaborative and team-player
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment at times under tight deadlines
* An understanding of Equity products, risks, valuations and overall markets
* Advanced desktop technology skills such as Bloomberg, VBA, SQL and Access
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role
Located in midtown Manhattan, we’re right across from Bryant Park and a short walk to Times Square, Broadway theaters, Grand Central Station, excellent shops and world-class restaurants.