Responsible for programs/projects specific to corporate change initiatives that have significant impact on how the company does business, provides a product or service, or executes a function. Project responsibility requires responsibility for staff and budget. Serves as primary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives. Communicates, influences and negotiates both vertically and horizontally to obtain or leverage necessary resources. Accountable for analyzing present-state, developing alternative future-state approaches and facilitating implementation. Creates a clear, coherent approach to guide effective program/initiative setup, execution, and control. Ensures clearly defined responsibilities and accountabilities for key program/project roles. Integrates knowledge of end-to-end business process into program planning and decisioning processes. Develop, maintain, and report on an overall integrated delivery plan. Management experience with small to mid-size teams. Excellent project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines. Strong business centric mindset with ability to utilize sound business judgment and tailor approach to drive optimal business outcomes. Typically 5+ plus years of program management experience.
Opportunity to become part of the Global Markets Risk Initiatives team and take a lead delivery role in strategic and regulatory risk initiatives. The program manager is required to have hands on implementation knowledge gained in either in Market Risk or Counterparty Risk. The program manager is required to have SME skills demonstrated by BRD delivery, risk management knowledge of traded products and program delivery experience demonstrated by delivery of strategic and regulatory risk initiatives.
SOFR/IBOR Transition, Risks Not in VaR (RNIV) into VaR delivery, risk analysis and limit monitoring deliveries for Market Risk and Internal Model Method (IMM) delivery and counterparty risk limit management and scenario analysis deliveries for Counterparty Risk are examples of risk initiatives. This role requires the program manager to have deep understanding of the deliverables and requirements, contribute both at program level and also own project level delivery responsibility.
This individual will report to the Global Markets Risk Initiatives Executive and expected to work closely with additional senior leaders within GM CRO organization.
Primary job responsibilities include:
• Deliver strategic and regulatory Risk Initiatives with input from key stakeholders including Global Markets Risk Initiatives Executive, Market Risk Managers, GM Trading Teams, GM Wholesale Credit, Enterprise Credit Risk, Global Risk Analytics team, Quantitative Strategies team, Front Office Technology and Risk Technology Teams.
• Requirements design, program set up including program governance, development of regulatory and management updates, and program delivery accountability for all activities end-to-end.
• Onboard and deliver new initiatives as mandated the Global Markets Risk Initiatives Executive and contribute to development of risk management capabilities.
• Minimum 8 years’ experience gained by working within market risk or trading function working for a large bank and deep expertise in regulatory risk initiatives program delivery.
• Experience in delivering BRDs as well as complex risk programs are a key requirement of this role. The program manager is required to have traded products knowledge for example pricing and risk management as well as risk model implementation experience.
• This is a senior role and end-to-end delivery experience is required. For example owning and establishing risk requirements, model submission and approval milestones, regulatory milestones as well as delivery of the technology and risk testing milestones and operationalizing the delivery.
• Advanced presentation and communication skills with presentation material design and experience in presenting and communicating to senior stakeholders.
• Impeccable attention to detail is required and a self-starter with ability to work independently as or participating in a cross-functional team environment.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role