As a Quantitative Analyst I, you will leverage multiple databases to obtain customer and performance data necessary to deliver analytical customer insights across products, segments and marketing channels in response to operational and performance-related requests from our Marketing and LOB partners. These work efforts include projects that range from identifying customer deepening patterns across time to developing analytical approaches that capture the value of customer behaviors. The Quantitative Analyst I role includes relationship management and stakeholder communication in addition to performing hands-on, complex analyses; it entails direct partnership across other analytics teams where greater product or channel input is required; it entails partnering with other marketing measurement/insight teams and finance teams to integrate research and campaign insights into an overall perspective of media effectiveness.
A key success factor will be the ability to define an technical analysis approach aligned to business questions. Familiarity with fundamental quantitative techniques and strong data skills are a must and so are familiarity with Marketing principles and financial industry. With guidance from the team leaders, the Analyst will partner with the internal client to define the analytic approach aligned to the business question, define the scope of the work, partner across the analytic teams to source data, link and compile data and then work autonomously and organize their projects to set reasonable targets and deliver work within that targeted timeframe.
• Provide internal client with actionable insights to improve retention, sales and balance growth. Utilize data from multiple sources (W, epsilon, THOR, marketing files, and third party data) to construct meaningful analysis and insights to business questions.
• Translate business questions into analytics projects, create work tracking documentation, including objectives, and findings
• Conduct foundational analytics to inform state of the business and customer behaviors to serve as the baseline for future strategies / analytics
• Create written presentations that succinctly summarize results and visually demonstrate key findings
• Present insights, implications and actionable recommendations to stakeholders and analytics leaders
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree with strong quantitative background in Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics, or Economics
• 1+ years of analytics experience in support of a product, channel or segment with ad hoc analytics as primary output
• 1+ years experience displaying solid working knowledge of SQL, SAS, Python and/or R
• Demonstrated data skills with large data stores, comfortable navigating and connecting disparate data sources
• Strong demonstrated ability to summarize and interpret large amounts of data; experience with relational databases
• Statistical, analytical, and problem-solving skills; experience using techniques like Regression and Design of Experiments.
• Ability to organize and prioritize own work to meet deadlines and milestones with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience in developing and facilitating presentations utilizing MS Excel and Power Point.
• Financial services experience and knowledge
• Advanced degree in business or statistics
• Customer analysis experience
• Knowledge of and experience with BAC data, "W", CCBR, THOR, PAM and more
• Working knowledge of advanced analytic techniques including propensity models, segmentation, and decision trees
• Familiarity with advanced data mining software and visualization tools (e.g., SAS Enterprise Miner; CART JMP; Tableau; etc.)
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role