R&D Innovation Engineers are responsible for evaluating emerging security technology across a broad portfolio of domains that include network, device, people, data, applications; designing test scenarios; building testing environments using various operating systems; interfacing with vendors; conducting research on products; competitive analyses; and producing white papers and presentations.
The successful candidate will be highly intelligent, insanely curious and have an unbridled thirst for figuring out new technologies in the security space in addition to possessing a broad technology background to serve as a foundation for understanding emerging/innovative approaches to hard problems. The ability to work across a wide variety of technology disciplines to determine the viability of vendor solutions is required, as is the ability to flourish in a fast paced environment and communicate clearly in both oral and written modalities. This is a hands-on position with the GIS R&D Evaluation team requiring knowledge of network infrastructure and systems. The candidate will be expected to both independently execute ideas/evaluations from concept through completion as well as manage small ad-hoc teams (contractors/vendor consultants) within our group.
• Exceptional analytical/critical thinking abilities - must be able to analyze proposed technological solutions to not only understand how mechanisms work, but to also develop methods of effectively testing and evaluating technologies
• Excellent research skills - must be able to identify relevant data sources for information about emerging technologies to gain an understanding of how things work, and be willing to dig in and take things apart to figure out how they work
• Strong written communication skills - must be able to write technical whitepapers/reports on emerging technologies
• Strong oral communication skills - must be able to present findings to broad audiences inclusive of senior technology and business management, requiring the ability to explain complex technical matters
• Hands-on technical abilities: Strong network knowledge (especially in the area of security), OS (Windows and RedHat), VMWare, endpoint and midrange, as well as development or scripting knowledge (e.g., Python, .NET, PowerShell, or Java)
• Good software and hardware architecture experience.
• Ability to work independently: Must be adept at undertaking and completing tasks independently, meeting schedules and delivery timelines, and to moving swiftly from concepts and theory to action.
• Ability to build and execute testing methodologies unique to emerging technology products for which scant documentation exists
• Ability to collaborate with teams at all levels: Line of Business, R&D, Operations, Technology Infrastructure, Platform Engineering, Vendor
• Capable of advancing the program by developing policies, processes and procedures to promote security technology evaluation objectives for adoption throughout the Bank as an on-demand service
• 5-7 years of experience with information security, data analysis or application development.
• Experience with the evaluation of emerging technology and /or experience as a technology innovator or maker.
• Demonstrated understanding of security vulnerabilities, attacks and ability to apply/implement appropriate controls or find new ones based on new technology being developed.
• Strong knowledge of a plurality of languages, operating systems, and databases.
• Previous experience working on an R&D or Architecture team.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent or higher in CS, IT, a related technical or engineering field.
Enterprise Role Overview - Key individual contributor, with accountability for researching, designing, engineering, implementing, and supporting information security & directory technology systems (software & hardware). Utilizes in-depth technical knowledge and business requirements to design & implement secure solutions to meet customer / client needs while protecting the Bank's assets. Develops and implements security standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse environment (e.g. client server, distributed, mainframe, etc.). Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems. Typically 5-7 years of IT experience.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
You can click the Return to Bank of America button now to return to the previous page or you can use the Back button on your browser after you leave.