Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include OS technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Assists in establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of subsystems design and integration of total system. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 5 or more years of systems engineering experience.
The Chief Technology Organization:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Day to day operational support of network storage including EMC Isilon and NetApp NAS appliances, EMC and Hitachi CAS appliances and the associated support and monitoring applications. Support tasks include trouble-shooting access and performance issues, participation in disaster recovery exercises, configuration updates and capacity management. Support for end user home and group shares including quota management and data transfer will also be part of the responsibilities. Provides technical skills, applies authoritative subject matter expertise and works with all necessary parties (customer, client, engineering, application support and vendors etc.) to investigate and resolve problems in a timely manner. Weekend on-call rotation will be required.
- Successful candidates should have a minimum of 7-9 years of industry related experience or compensatory experience
- Storage Technology related knowledge on multiple platforms (EMC, NetApp, Hitachi, etc.)
- Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- 3+ years’ experience managing enterprise class storage arrays
- 3+ years’ experience with storage protocols – NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, REST
- Capability to mine performance and capacity data from enterprise arrays and formulate valuable analysis
- Strong understanding of replication and snapshot methodologies used in enterprise storage environments
- Experience maintaining high availability storage sub-systems capacity and configuration
- Experience troubleshooting complex incidents and problems associated to storage environments and related applications
- Familiarity with storage support tools such as NetApp DFM, NetApp Active IQ Unified Manager, and EMC Insight IQ
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux and Windows servers, IP technologies, DFS, Active Directory and backups
- Knowledge of DefendX QFS Quota software
- Experience with large corporate environments
- Strong technical knowledge of server, storage, operating systems and network infrastructures highly are desirable
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role